Chapter 19

As promised! Enjoy! :)

"You know, this would be much more interesting and enjoyable if you put that phone down and maybe talk?" Matthew said.

So it was the next day and I was brutally woken up and told to dress quickly. I was then literally pushed out of the villa and into Matthew's car by everyone.

Along with my outfit I put my necklace on again

Along with my outfit I put my necklace on again. I took it off for the day yesterday as it would be visible with my bikini and my dress.

And that brought us here in this moment. We'd been driving for half an hour now and I refused to talk to him so I busied myself on my phone. I didn't even ask him where we were going because honestly I couldn't care less.

"If you wanted someone interesting and enjoyable then you shouldn't have brought me." I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"Ah. There's the witty Ella I know." He smirked as he continued driving. "Do you want to know where we're going?"

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Not really."

I rolled my eyes again. "Then why would I ask?"

He chuckled as I took my phone and started to type an email.

"Really?" He took my phone out of me hands and put it away from me.

"Hey!" I yelled. "Give it back!"

"Talk to me." He said softly and gave me a smile. "I want to talk to you."

I wanted to tell him that I didn't want to talk to him. In fact I wanted to yell that at him. But for some reason I did not.

You're feeling bad Ella.

No I'm not.

I opened my mouth to say something but Matthew cut me off.

"Can we please not fight? Just today. Please." He purses his lips.

I turned my head and gazed down at my hands in my lap. I sighed and shook my head.

Come on Ella. Don't be mean to the man you love. At least for today.

"What do you want to talk about?"

I saw a grin form on his face. "Anything. Everything. Tell me about Xavier when he was born."

I sat back in the seat and crossed my ankles over each other.

"Well, when I found out I was pregnant, the doctor also told me I was anemic meaning that my pregnancy would be one with a very high risk of losing my life or the baby's or both. But I wanted the baby. I knew in me that in 9 months, I'd have a baby and I'd be with him or her forever. My mother advised me to do what I thought best but I knew she was scared. I mean she just got her daughter back and now she might lose her. Her anxiousness was understandable. So during my pregnancy, I fainted a lot and I felt tired very often. I also had really bad back pain and really bad morning sickness. But it was all worth it when Xavier was born. However he was born a month early so they had to keep him at the hospital for a month to make sure he develops fine." I looked over at Matthew to see him looking straight at the road. "But then when I was able to take him home, things began going back to routine. Xavier was never a fussy baby and he slept through the night. As you can see though, he's very stubborn and picky. And when he's upset it will take a lot of work and time to cheer him up. But at the same time, he smart, kind and very sweet."