Chapter 18

Matthew POV

I'm going to be completely honest when I say that the years Ella has been away from me have done her well.

I figured that out when I first saw her but right now, at this moment, I was 100% sure. Her body looked so toned and amazing in the bikini she wore. She looked much more healthier and mature since the last time I saw her.

She must've worked out a lot after she had Xavier.

God, what I'd do to transport me into that time that Ella was pregnant with our child. If I could just relive that day I signed the papers I would do it.

I haven't told her this but though the papers had both our signatures on it, the papers weren't sent in, so technically, we were still married.

I wanted to tell her this, I still do. But I can't seem to hold a conversation with her without one of us getting upset and losing our minds.

She always seems to be yelling at me and and getting angry with me when all I want to do is have a normal conversation with her.

I honestly don't know what to do at this point. I don't know what I did wrong. All I did was love her. All I'm trying to do is love her. I wish that she would talk to me without that anger in her eyes. I want her to look at me like she once did. With love and passion in her eyes.

I wish she would just tell me what it is that I'm doing that's pissing her off and making her angry. But that's highly unlikely as she would rather be anywhere but near me.

And Xavier. God. He's my kid. My child. My son. Mine and Ella's son. It makes me so happy.

I was upset that he didn't like me at first but I feel like he's starting to. And it couldn't make me any happier. I wanted to be the best father ever.

Ella thinks that she will be able to take Xavier with her back to Toronto but I've made up my mind. She and Xavier with both stay her. With me. She is not going back. I refuse to let her leave.

And with the win in the volleyball game right now, I intend to take her out and take about all of this.

"Are you going to serve or is this your way of saying you surrender?" Chris smirked at me while Ella stood beside him.

Lindsey beside me rolled her eyes and got into serving position.

"Ready to win?" She asked me.

I grinned back at her.

"We have to win Lindsey." I turned my head to look at Ella who was glaring at me.

I winked at her only to make her glare at me more.

I smiled. I know this isn't helping my case but she looks absolutely adorable when she glares at me.

...

"In your face Chris." Lindsey smirked as she pulled away from the hug she was giving me. "You were the best partner ever. I did not know you still had it in you. You still hold to your name as our high school's best athlete."

"You were just as good! I couldn't have won without you. Glad to know that you and I can beat Chris at something." We laughed.

"Alright I'm going to go tease Chris." She grinned and ran to Chris.

I grinned at my brother being teased by my future sister-in-law.

I turned my head to look at Ella who was sitting on the sand rubbing her ankle.

Concerned, I made my way over to her and kneeled in front of her.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked.