twenty seven // 116 lbs

Start from the beginning

The boys all collectively sighed out in relief once we reached the part of the airport where Evie would enter to leave her airplane, since paparazzi and fans weren't allowed to follow us.

"That döuchebag," Ashton swore, eyes dark with anger.

"It's okay, Ash," Michael supportively said, patting him on the back.

"It's not okay. I just know once we go to that interview next week I'll get asked bullshït questions," Ashton ranted. "And there will be the bullshït articles as well."

It almost shocked me and freaked me out at the same time, seeing Ashton – the one who refrained from swearing and scolded the other boys for doing it – this angry. Calum and Luke stood by my side, giving me small, worried smiles as they tried to relax Ashton.

"And you'll just do your best to answer those questions," Calum said back. "And ignore the articles."

"I guess," Ashton sighed, running his hands through is hair.

"Don't worry about everyone else, Ash," Calum spoke again. "Evie will be here and we'll all be together –"

"Ash!"

Snapping my heads towards the screechy, high pitched voice that had interrupted Calum, I expected to see a crazed fan that had somehow gotten into the area through security. Instead, I was met with familiar bleach blonde hair and her slim face, heavily applied with makeup like always.

"Hi baby," Ashton cooed, meeting Evie half way as she darted over to us, the two of them colliding in a hug.

I shifted uncomfortably, unsure of what to do as I was faced with possibly having to hug her. Watching Calum, Michael and Luke plaster smiles on their faces and hug her after she practically made out with Ashton, I copied them and did the same.

I was the last for her to greet, and by the time she reached me the boys had stopped paying attention to us, discussing dinner plans amongst each other.

"Hi," I gave her a warm smile and opened my arms to welcome her in for a hug. "Um, how was your flight?"

Evie paused, nose scrunched in disgust as she looked me up and down, before briefly hugging me. Except, she didn't put her arms all the way around me, instead patting my sides and just barely touching me as if I had some contagious disease. Her behavior sent a jab into my heart, and I held back the urge to frown as I continued to fake a smile.

"Who are you again?" she asked once we pulled away. The boys were still oblivious, much to her favor.

"Jessica right?" her lips smacked over the gum she was obnoxiously chewing. "Oh wait, that was the other girl Ash almost adopted."

My jaw nearly dropped, world freezing as I stared at her in shock. Did she really just say that?

"I..." I recovered quickly, letting out a nervous laugh. "No, I'm Daisy."

"Right..." she muttered, her tone giving away the fact that she didn't care. Without another word she turned away from me, latching onto Ashton's arm now.

The two of them began to walk to the separate exit we'd take to avoid the crowd, Evie completely leaving her bags behind.

"Guess I'll get them," Michael offered, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck before grabbing the handle of the suitcase.

Luke nodded, hesitantly picking up get carry-on bag she had also left for one of us to get. Staring down at the floor as I followed everyone else, my mood had now gone sour.

***

Skipping dinner was easy, since Evie was tired and just suggested we order pizza instead of cooking or going out somewhere. Ashton was so absorbed in her presence, it was as if he forgot I existed. Luke had been on his phone the whole rest of the day, texting and smiling like an idiot so I didn't have him breathing down my neck either. Calum and Michael were a different story; it took a lot a convincing that I had eaten before we left for the airport, but they finally allowed me to retire back to my room while everyone else ate together.

"Daisy?" Max's voice over our skype call snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Are you sure everything's okay? You aren't acting like yourself."

"What do you mean?" I defensively asked.

"You're really quiet, and you're spacing out more than usual. What's going on, babe?"

"N-Nothing," blinking away tears, I struggled to remain calm as a thick lump formed in my throat.

I had been moody all day, after dealing with Evie, but had managed to hold myself together. Now that someone, especially Max, had noticed something was up, I felt myself start to fall apart.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, subtly wiping my eye as a tear slid down my cheek. "It's nearly one there, m-maybe you should go to sleep."

"But it's Friday," he stubbornly whined.

"I know but –"

"I'll be fine to stay up for a little longer. Just an hour or so, okay?"

"O-Okay," I let out a heavy sigh.

After another hour of talking, Max seemed to lose more and more energy and enthusiasm, and before I knew it he had fallen asleep. Letting out a small giggle and allowing a fond smile to form on my face, I decided to let him sleep and end our call.

"Goodnight," I whispered before hanging up.

Lying on my back and shutting my eyes for a split second, my mind wandered.

It's not that Ashton had almost adopted someone else – that was a given – but I had felt belittled by the way Evie said it. Almost as if another girl would have been better than me.

But then that brought me to realization;

Ashton would be better off with another daughter.

One that could eat her dinner without running to the bathroom to cry and force herself to throw up, one that wasn't hated by her birth parents, one that wouldn't fight him so much.

Even though living with the boys made me happy, I wished I had never been adopted by Ashton.

For the sake of living their lives. Stress and worry free. 

***

aww daisy :(

ARMY, don't forget to vote for our boys on mwave !! teamwork makes the dream work, so we need every vote we can get. voting is really quick and easy i promise (: you can check my pinned tweet on twitter for a tutorial (my username is a few paragraphs down) or just message me for help !! fighting !!

sorry for not updating on schedule. it took me forever to even write this just from lack of motivation and just from shït going on in my life rn. i'll be updating again between now and tuesday though !!

for those of you that want to do something for my birthday:

my social media if you'd like to send them to me: twitter & instagram: @/stargazekth. if you'd want to email them instead/something doesn't work out just message me and we can figure it out (:

also, if you'd like to write an imagine for me you can either write about whatever you want or make it birthday themed. it's up to you (:

again, my favorite member is luke and my favorite characters are dani, jaz and (obviously) daisy if that helps give y'all some ideas!!

don't worry about a deadline or anything, my birthday is the 23rd so there's plenty of time (:

i aplogize for this long àss authors note hahah

stay positive. ily <3