Chapter Twenty-Eight

Unedited

Jack J.

"Oh my gosh, shut up. You're so annoying." I said laughing while hitting Christian's shoulder as they took a small break from rehearsal.

It has been three weeks since we had met and we had instantaneously clicked, almost like how Mila and I had. It was nearly weird how fast we had created a friendship given how we had met and the things that were going through my head when we met. However, all that was pushed aside when we really got to have a conversation and I began to see just how cheesy, sarcastic, and down-the-earth he really was.

We had also gotten to know each other a lot better and I now knew he was definitely not gay like I had secretly hoped, but instead in a committed relationship with a pretty red head from New York that he talked fondly about on more than one occasion. The way he talked bout Nayla embodied how I wanted someone to view me in the future. It was truly beautiful.

In three weeks Jack and I had gotten closer as well. Almost as if we were actually friends and it honestly felt good considering I would be on tour with him for the next two months. In the last three weeks it almost felt as if we had disregarded who we actually were, a boss and an employee who had slept together, and replaced it with something way more pleasant. I liked it, despite both us still continuing a flirting situation that I had yet to fully comprehend.

Jack had also gotten familiar with my friendship with his background dancer and I wasn't really sure how he felt about it at this point, not that it really mattered.

"You love me though." He said giving me a cheeky smile, showcasing his perfect white teeth that I envied.

"Eh, that's debatable." I said giving him a straight face and a shrug.

"I bet you wish it was." He replied and before I could reply we were interrupted by another dancer.

"Hey, Christian, we're about to start up again." He informs before walking away to make it to the stage.

"Okay thanks." He said before taking a large gulp of his water, finally doing the one thing they were suppose to be doing during this break. Getting water.

"Try not to stare too hard once I get up there." He did with a smirk spread across his face.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I'll be too busy looking at things more interesting like paint drying or the seats." I said flashing him a smile as he laughs while walking away, telling me how wrong I was for that statement.

For the next two hours, I sat there and watched them rehearse, occasionally talking to Christian or Jack whenever they got a break. Once it was time to go I was extremely thankful because while I loved watching Jack perform, I had watched this countless amounts of times and I couldn't even get up and enjoy it like I was at a real concert without people looking at me like I was crazy.

"You ready, Johnson?" Jack said walking up to me with no shirt on and a white towel wrapped around his neck. His sweats were hanging dangerously low and his hair was a mess on his head, yet he still looked extremely good.

It was almost frustrating being around him after we had sex because I know at one point I had him. At one point, for one night that I can barely remember, he wanted me just as much as I wanted him and I would be lying if I said I didn't have the urges to do it again so that I could remember it better. Him being around me like this made it even more tempting even though I genuinely think that night was a one time deal that happened only because we were both drunk.

"Yea-" I said before clearing my throat that had suddenly became dry, "Yeah, I'm ready."

I started walking towards the exit as Jack followed behind slinging his arm over my shoulder.