Chapter Six

Jack J.

I woke up to my alarm going off and a soft white pillow under my head. There were piles of covers on top of my body making my body warm. I was so comfortable, I really didn't want to get up.

I laid there for a few more minutes before I slowly made my way out of bed, looking out my window.

This was absolutely beautiful. The view of everything was breath taking. I can't even began to believe people wake up to this every morning and now I get to.

I rubbed my eyes softly, making my way to the bathroom in my oversized shirt and underwear. I wore tight boy short type underwear because I hated wearing boxers for some reason. I also hated wearing pants to bed and if you wear socks, well, I'm judging you.

I took a shower, washed my face, and brushed my teeth before getting dressed in my bland uniform and shoes.

I also left Aunt Maxine a voicemail knowing she was at work telling her to have a good day and telling her to tell Olivia that I loved her and would see her soon.

It was Wednesday now and I would be going back to Aunt Maxine's this weekend to see them because even though it had only been a day, I missed them.

Someone knocked on my door breaking me from my train of thought.

I got up and walked to my door to be faced with Gabriel.

"Good morning, Gabe." I said happily smiling at his boring face.

"It's Gabriel, not Gabe. We're not friends. How many times do I have to tell you this? I just came to tell you Mr. Gilinsky wants you downstairs for breakfast before you start working." He replied, not even sparing me a smile before turning around making his way down the hall.

Why does he always act as if he has a pole up his ass?

I sighed before walking out of my room and closing my door behind me following Grumpy Gabe's lead.

Once I made it to the kitchen, surprisingly there was no one there. No Mr. Gilinsky or Mrs. Gilinsky in site. However, there was a plate of food, that looked really good, made and next to it sat a note.

I picked it up before sitting down and read the following,

'I see you've seen the lovely breakfast our cooks have made as a sorry for yesterday's behavior on me and my wife's behalf. After you are done with breakfast meet me in my office because we have some things to discuss. Enjoy your meal.

Your Boss'

It was printed in really neat cursive that looked ten times better than my chicken scratch I called handwriting.

I sat down and began to eat by myself, but nonetheless I enjoyed my meal and the peace and quiet. The house was absolutely beautiful so I just admired it knowing I couldn't be on the raggedy phone I had. It would most likely just mess up.

After I was finished I went into the kitchen and began to wash my dishes.

"What are you doing?" A lady said behind. I came face to face with a short older Mexican woman.

"Oh, I was just washing my dish. I'm kind of the new maid so I have to."

"Oh sweetheart, let me do that for you." She said moving me aside taking the plate out of my hands.

"It was okay, I had it." I said standing beside her watching her clean my plate.

"And I have it now. Mr. Gilinsky is waiting for you though, so you should head up there." She said, her thick Spanish accent present.