Chapter Twenty-Three

I'm starting to update faster, guys! Aren't you proud of me?

Anyway, remember INLINE COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

Now you may continue...

Jack J.

Isn't it crazy how I could make the right decision in regards to refusing to kiss Nash, but when it came to Mr. Gilinsky I always fell short of making good decisions.

It boggled my mind, the endless possibilities on why that was, but the only reason that made sense to me was that I cared about Nash too much to mess up his relationship with Cameron and I guess with Mr. Gilinsky I didn't share that same care.

But, still I was unsatisfied with this conclusion.

When I was at the park with Mila I was tempted to ask her, but that would mean I would have to reveal what Mr. Gilinsky and I had done and no one could know about that.

In the mist of my thoughts Mr. Gilinsky's voice made all those constant concerns disappear as I focused in on him.

Today, I was finally going to see my mom and on top of that, I promised Olivia that she could come over while Aunt Maxine went on her date.

She was recently starting to get back on the dating scene, which I was very proud of because she deserved to have someone she loved and that loved her the same, if not more. Over the years, it had become excruciatingly obvious that she still loved Olivia's father, but it was good to see her trying to move on.

Therefore, I talked it over with Mr. Gilinsky to see if he was okay with Olivia coming over and he was more than happy to have her. The only problem was that Madison was here.

"You ready to go to the hospital, Johnson?" Mr. Gilinsky asked turning the corner so that he was now visible. Car keys clutched in his large hands as he continued his long strides towards me.

Today was about the only off day Mr. Gilinsky had due to his endless preparation for his tour that would be starting shortly and despite everything that has happened between us, I was happy he had time to be around me. It was getting a little frustrating being around only Madison and having her give me extensive loads of work that were completely unnecessary. Gabriel would be around too, but we all know he doesn't like me.

I was also grateful because now I would have someone to help me with Olivia when she decided she wanted to become extra hyper like normal six year olds do. I didn't really want Madison helping me in that situation.

Then, on top of all this he had agreed to take me to the hospital to visit my mom, who I hadn't seen in about three weeks. I wanted to go with Aunt Maxine like I normally do, but she was preparing for her date, therefore Mr. Gilinsky was the next best choice.

I was still unsure if I wanted him to go in with me or not, though. I had yet to fill him in on the intensity of my mom's condition. For all he knew my mom was in the hospital for something minor. If only that was the actual situation.

"Yes, I'm ready." I said pulling my body up from the couch.

"Then, lets go." He said walking past me towards their large garage that held their many cars.

Once we got in I felt my anxiety began to kick in. Every time I went to see my mom, I became scared that her condition had possibly worsened before I gathered the money in order to pay for her surgery. Radiation, teletherapy, among other treatments in order to fight progressive breast cancer was not cheap.