Chapter Two

Jack J.

After a week this asshole of a manager still hasn't contacted me.

I honestly think I was really convincing with the email I sent him, but I guess he thinks otherwise since I haven't gotten an email or call.

Although, he may have not opened it yet, but I mean it has been a week and as far as I know not to many people know about this job offer.

Besides that, I have applied for a couple more jobs just hoping someone will be willing to hire me, but so far I'm not having any luck.

Since Aunt Maxine was at work it is just Olivia and I, but when I get a job ( if I get a job) she's going to have to go to daycare which she actually liked. The only reason why Maxine had to take her out was because money is tight and she couldn't afford it.

Olivia was sad at first, but she managed since she has some friends next door that she plays with often.

"JJ can I go over Mrs. Brown's house to play with Kendal and K-K." She asked tapping my leg.

Kendal and K-K or Kobe were her little friends who were six and seven. Kendal, Mrs.Brown's daughter is six, which is the same age as Olivia and they are best friends. Then, there is Kobe who is seven. They are some cute kids.

"Sure if Mrs. Brown is cool with you being over there it's fine with me, bud. Just hold on one second and we'll walk over there together. Go put on your shoes." I said.

"Okay!" She replied, happy to be getting out the house probably running up the stairs to her room.

I looked back at the computer going to my email again to see if I had gotten an important email, but again I am let down because there was still yet to be one from Steven Carter.

I sighed before closing out yahoo and shutting off the computer to see Olivia running down the stairs.

"Woah, there little one slow down." I chuckled watching her make it to the last step in a hurry. "We'll get there, promise."

I began to put on my shoes while she stood there telling me to hurry up.

"Okay, what's with you missy? Why are you in a rush to get over there?" I asked curiously. I know she adores going over there, but got damn. She's never acted like this before.

"I want to see K-K, my boyfriend." She giggled out smiling hard.

"Your what?" I said turning towards her in complete shock. Oh gosh this shit is happening too soon. I thought I would at least have a good 20 more years before this dating stuff.

"My boyfriend, silly. Are your ears okay JJ?" She said looking at my ears.

"How is he your boyfriend?"

"Well, two days ago he asked me to be his girlfriend and then he kissed my cheek like how daddy does mommy when he sees her. He said he loved me and mommy told me people only kiss when you love each other." She explained.

"Okay. I- damn." I said in complete loss of words. This little girl is to smart for her own good.

"Let's go!" She said running to the door trying to twist the door handle.

I waked behind her unlocking the door so she could open it.

"I was going to do that." She said pouting before opening the door and running to our neighbors apartment.

"Slow down!" I yelled trying to keep up with her.

When we got to the door I knocked and not even 5 seconds later I see little fingers pulling down the blinds looking through the window and then Kobe opened the door.