Chapter Thirteen

Jack J.

It's been officially four days since Mrs. Gilinsky left and I think some of my anxiety about being left alone with Mr. Gilinsky has left.

Nothing bad has happened since she's been gone and honestly we barely have alone time, which I am completely grateful for. Ms. Martinez, even though she likes for me to call her Selena since it makes her feel younger, comes on Mondays and Thursday's to cook. Then Gabe is here everyday till seven and there is the gardener who comes every Friday.

Therefore, the house usually always has someone here until seven and by then I eat and go to bed. That leaves little to no time for something that happened a few nights ago to happen again.

Or at least I'm hoping.

I pull myself out of bed, stretching, before grabbing a towel from the bathroom connected to my room and going back out to take my clothes off.

I don't know why, but ever since I was younger I always took my clothes off in my room and walked to the bathroom with my towel, instead of taking my clothes off in there. I know back then I did it because our bathroom was small and there was no where to put my clothes other than on the wet, dirty sink, floor, or toilet. I didn't desire to put my clothes on any of those options so I left them in my room. Now, it's just a habit that I carry with me.

Before I put on my towel the mirror in front of me caught my attention.

I was never the type of person to flaunt their body given I never really liked mine. I was always so tiny compared to all the other boys and it became even more noticeable towards the end of middle school when most boys went through puberty. I had and still have absolutely no type of muscle and at one point that insecurity drove me insane. Now, I accept that I am just small despite it still being an insecurity of mine. I frowned at the mirror briefly, before bending down to pick up my towel that fell.

That's when I heard the door open and my heart leaped out of my chest.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." Mr. Gilinsky replied frantically, staring at me desperately trying to cover my naked body.

I'm almost positive my face is red as a tomato from embarrassment.

"I'll just come back when your- like when you have clothes on. Sorry." He closed the door quickly.

I sat down on the bed covering my face and I could still feel my heart beating fast.

My boss just saw me naked.

That is so embarrassing.

I got up slowly from my bed going to the shower still in complete shock. What if he saw my private part? I know I put on my towel very fast so he may have not seen it, but I'm positive he had gotten a full view of my ass.

I hopped in the shower and got clean before coming out and getting dressed.

I did not want to go downstairs and face Mr. Gilinsky. The anxiety I had said went away definitely came back.

I made it downstairs and went to the living room where Mr. Gilinsky was sitting down watching tv.

"D-Did you need something sir?"

"Yeah, I went up there to tell you Gabriel will be gone for a week on vacation." He spoke smoothly as if what just happened didn't happen.