Chapter Twenty-One

Jack J.

"Jack wait." Nash said holding his hand to the door to stop my previous motion. I looked up only to be captivated by those same blue eyes i knew and loved-still love.

I remained quiet under his stare due to me not being able to will myself to say anything. I noticed that things had changed since last time I saw him, five years ago.

His voice was no longer soft and high-pitched like the teenager I once knew, but instead his voice held base and oozed maturity.

His frame was much bigger than mine, which had always been the case when we were younger, but not to the extent that I was noticing now. Nash had only been about one or two inches taller than me when we were younger, but now it was easily seen that he had me by a solid nine inches. He could easily be 6'3, compared to my small stature of 5'6.

"C-Can I come in?" He asked gently, his eyes still locked on mine. Nevertheless, I didn't reply, simply complying to his request.

The one person I had literally ran away from, I let in my room with ease much to my dismay. I was never really good at saying no to him though. I guess old habits die hard, don't they?

I moved aside in order to signify that he could come in and he did so leaving a trail of this scent. A scent that was way too familiar and that I never could get enough of. One that I use to love to wake up to or smell when I was hugged up closely to his chest. Although, he did change in appearance a little his scent hasn't.

I closed my door behind him after he walked in and wiped my hands on my pants as the nervousness I was feeling downstairs had overtaken my body again causing my hands to sweat profusely, making them clammy.

There was a silence lingering throughout the room as we both didn't know if we should stand or sit. Not that there was many options on where to sit.

What was I suppose to say to him?

Where do we even begin?

"Should I just sit on the bed or?" He asked, but immediately answered his question with a "I'll just stand."

I nodded softly in response as the quiet in the room began to grow once again. I wanted to say something but I had no idea where to start. So, instead I took interest in my unusually small fingers for a man.

"You look good. Still as beautiful as I remember." He began. Way to start off Nash. I felt a blush creep to my cheeks as I tried hard not to smile from the three words he had said.

"Thanks. So do you." I said politely making small eye contact before looking down again.

Both of our postures showed utter awkwardness and nervousness. It's as if we were both trying to decide where to start, what to say next.

I always imagined that when we finally saw each other again we'd run into each other's arms and confess our love for each other. Following that we would run off into the sunset and live happily ever after or some shit like that. Obviously, judging by how this was going so far that was not going to happen.

I watched him move his fingers through his hair, something he use to do when we were younger to show that he was nervous.

"I looked for you." He spoke quietly. If the room wasn't so silent I would have probably missed what he said, but I heard it loud and clear.

"And I couldn't find you. No one knew where you were at a-and I tried getting in contact with your mom and brother, but there was no hope." He continued. His voice sounded a little broken. Not as confident as when he had spoke when he reached my room, but he still held his composure.