╟ NamSeok ╳ ❝cancer❞

Genre: Angst/Fluff
Warnings: Cancer
Words: 1,535

Jung Hoseok would tell you ,without any hesitation, that he had hated Kim Namjoon, and he wouldn't be lying. Note the past tense.

He hated Namjoon, as in past. Right now he was confused. He hated him but now he didn't. In fact he loved him. It didn't make sense in Hoseok's mind. He knew that he had misunderstood his feelings for a long while, but he hadn't known that what he felt was love instead of hate.

Still, he pretended to continue hating Namjoon because, one, he had a reputation to live up to, and two, he couldn't just go up to the person he's hated for the majority of his live and just say 'hey I love you, dude'.

He tried to not let it get to him, but people had started noticing that he was getting progressively kinder towards Namjoon, instead of being cold and resentful to Namjoon, he greeted him with a kind 'good morning' and the occasional smile that made the man look at Hoseok strangely and making the people walking by arch their brows and turn their lips in curiosity regarding Hoseok's recent kindness.

So, he decided to do something about it. And by something, he didn't mean confessing, because even though he might love Namjoon, it didn't mean that there wasn't a part of his brain that still hated him.

As Hoseok walked into the school, he immediately noticed that Namjoon wasn't at his locker. Namjoon's locker was facing the door so he had a very clear view of it. And he wasn't there. That got Hoseok worried; he had never genuinely worried about Namjoon before, he noted.

Namjoon wasn't one to miss a school day because he was sick or tired, he had to have broken a bone or something of the like to not have arrived.

Even though he was concerned, Hoseok didn't act upon his worries and just kept going through his day, hoping to see Namjoon around, just to know he wasn't hurt, but he never showed up, and Hoseok kept worrying.

The next day, rumors about Namjoon's whereabouts were circling the school. Some said he was sick, others said he was seriously injured, and others just thought that he was finally just living life, but none of the were genuinely worried for Namjoon, seeing as he didn't

Hoseok still was worried, now even more; Namjoon had never missed two days in a row. But still, he went though his day, as normal as he could, ignoring the rumors, as they only made him worry more.

Finally, finally, after a full week of no Namjoon, the principal of the school finally addressed the blatantly missing student, but the way his voice wavered through the megaphone made it clear that he had been putting it off as long as he could.

Instead of the first morning class, they were called into the basketball court, were they sat down and the principal started speaking through the microphone, refusing to look at anywhere but the ground, disregarding the disrespectfulness of not looking at people when you talked to them.

"Silence. Silence, please," the students quieted down, "Thank you. We have gathered you here today to address the various rumors of," the principal paused, "Kim Namjoon's whereabouts."

Whispers broke out, people betted on their theories, others nervously drummed their fingers and Hoseok just sat there, biting down his nails to the quick until he winced when he bit down the nail on his ring finger too much and the skin started irritating.