30 ~ 'Cute and innocent huh?'

Fortunately Judy comes bursting in through the door. I pick up on the monitor belonging to the patient nearby jump. Naturally I move to the side, out of the way of her scurrying in. "You're awake, oh Nick I was so worried!" She falls down onto the chair facing him, eyes wide threatening to burst out into tears. I smile at the two of them, leaning against the wall a couple of meters away.

After a while of attempted conversation between Judy and Nick, he seems to notice my uncomfortable position, slouched against the wall, not engaging in the conversation. He grows drowsy, eventually giving into his exhaustion. Closing his eyes, breathing slowing down to a steady pace as he breathes in and out. His chest rising each time, in a rhythmic pattern. Yet a smile remains.

Her ears twitch, before turning to face me. Her gaze upon me makes me feel uneasy. I don't know her much at all. Nick's mentioned her one of twice, I've met her once... Which wasn't particularly 'friendly'.
"You saved him, is that correct?" Her voice low, why do I sense this is going to spiral downwards? And I'm not in the mood for a hostile conversation. "I suppose" not fully sure how to answer her. "Thanks..."

Huh?

I look up at her confused, "d-don't mention it" she's inspired many animals, her determination is admirable. "Do you want to maybe get something to eat downstairs?" I take her up on her offer, not seeing any harm in it.

I reach the navy double-doors with their plastic band fastened midway and their dull chrome handles. I pull my eyes from the highly polished linoleum floor to catch a glimpse of the hallway that stretches beyond, cut into tiny squares by the thin wire in the window panels. Without pause I push with my body weight, but I needn't have, it swings open soundlessly and with ease. A draft of air hits my face, warm and with a tincture of bleach. Ahead of me lie magnolia walls, decorated with old black and white photographs of hospital staff. Instead of straight walls the hallway has a curve, disappearing from sight in a hundred meters or so. Every few seconds I pass a different set of doors with a sanitiser dispenser.

On a plastic hallway chair sat a cub, legs kicking in the air, clearing the floor by several inches as they swung back and forth. He looks at me and Judy as we walk past. His face having an unhealthy look to it and his eyes were hard open as he stared blankly at us. For some reason my body stops, "y/n?" She places her paw on my shoulder, as my eyes draw from the bit back to her. "Yeah, sorry"

Tables and chairs, Monet prints framed on the walls, light jazz music, cream cheese smoked salmon bagels, coronation chicken baguettes. "I have to apologise y/n, I misjudged you the first time I met you" chuckling at her statement I sip on the striped straw, that carries pink milk from the small carton of strawberry milk. "Your whole persona right now reminds me of a little child" not haulting from drinking my milk I just blink at her. "It doesn't surprise me, he always says how childlike and cute you can sometimes act"
The milk goes down wrong, causing me to cough, "does he now?"
"He sure does, you do come across as the cute innocent type". She winks at me, joking around we laugh and enjoy the time we are spending together. She's not as bad as I first thought. I'm changing, it's kind of uneasy, I'm opening up more, but one thing is for sure, I won't ever let anyone view me as weak.