20 ~ 'Warm embrace'

The meeting had consisted of mostly information. Shock courses through their veins. But not y/n. The information didn't surprise her much.
Devilish thoughts soar through her mind. She quickly pushes them from her thoughts. She has grown strong after all.

"They believe to think they have found a way to control and manipulate the way animals think and act. A perfect race. No one innocently dying anymore-"
Y/n snorts out, folding her arms amused "hypocrites" Opal glares at her, not used to anyone interrupting her. "May I continue?"
"By all means"

Opal's P.O.V

Her disrespect is vexatious. Tortured, crying out wishing for it to end. There's no way she was one of them, I refuse to believe it. There's no evidence that can perfectly identify her, then again...

Realising I've zoned out I cough, continue. "The tests they carried out on you and the others had proven most useful to them." I reach down to pick up the folder, "they found something" flicking though the pages. Crisp and clean not a mark on it. Due to the importance of delivering this information I turn the pages quickly. I catch the corner of my paw on the paper. Intuitively I wrinkle my nose, always being a perfectionist causes this action a lot. "And those animals are deluding themselves!" I sense something shift in y/n's eyes, my ears twitching as I hear a faint gasp escape her perfect tango pink lips.
"A world like that doesn't exist, and it never shall. We do what he can, we must stop them!" My chest puffed out, chin high, determination in my voice.

I hold my breath as they all look at me silently. I meet her eyes. Her head moves forwards into a genuine nod. Is it respect? She's smiling. Right at me. Just like that, why? "Go on" she mouthes, replying with my eyes I do. "We've managed to identify and obtain in a few animals that have been infected with this 'substance' they have created. But have failed to brig any of them out of it" seeing the chief shift in his seat I stop. "And what state are they in? What did that substance do to them" I close my eyes, ashamed to be able to give a full plausible explanation. "Everything about them has changed, their behaviour, the way they eat, talk... It goes on. Apart from their appearance everything is the same. Almost identical. But if we attempt to question the one who did this to them they grow aggressive. Uncontrollable to anyone who attempts to know of their 'saviour' so aggressive, and soon after they return to their... transfixed state" Dennis walks up next to me. Whispering something into my ear. "Are you certain we should mention that? It's not certain" keeping my voice down. "At this point any information is useful" he's always been convincing.

As Dennis steps back, allowing me to proceed I feel uneasy, I've always hated giving any information that could be false. Then again all of this is not absolute. "Some last information we've gathered this far is regarding another item they carry" Officer Hopps gets her pen ready. "They carry around the antidote on them, it seems all too careless, perhaps the antidote is as an insurance, incase something goes wrong. Then that leads us to believe there could be something else for there to be this antidote. There must be a reason they carry it around, perhaps there's flaws? We honestly don't know"

Third P.O.V

"You've done a remarkable job." The Chief is rarely pleased, he goes over to the team and praises them on their work. Nick nudges y/n's shoulder causing her to turn to him "getting restless?" She laughs leaning closer to him. She's grown attached to him to say the least. "Just stretching" that said he performs a couple basic standing up yoga poses.

Judy notices the two clowning around together in the corner. 'He must be trying to cheer her up' she tells herself.
Once Chief Bogo finishes discussing things with the team he heads to the door, waving Judy, Nick and y/n to come. "You coming?" Nick asks, still laughing from their joking about. She knows how to have fun. "Yeah I'll be there in a minute, I need to say something to Opal" he cocks a famous eyebrow at her "fine, fine, I'll use the formality. Detective Opal"

Opal's P.O.V

As I'm about the leave the room, the others ahead of me I feel a presence behind me. "Y/n, can I help you?" Not entirely sure what she could want. "I'd like to say your presentation and detective skills were incredible" her sudden shower of a compliment confused me. "This is sudden, you're certainly not the one to respect the law now are you? Or be so formal, and compliments-" she simply giggles, the sound like a brook flowing merrily through a well-lit wood.
"I don't give compliments out so freely" she has something about her, so many different sides to her. Yet I feel honoured to be seeing this side of her. It's captivating.

Nick's P.O.V

Finally feeling the atmosphere lift when we exit the ZPD. We wave off Judy, she says she's meeting someone. Just y/n and I are left, the Chief was discussing some last details with the detectives. I walk ahead a little, she stops to look at something. Turning on my heal to look back at her "what you looking at?" Paws in the depths of my pockets. "Y/n?" She looks unsure, her head falls to the ground. Then the look in her eyes change. She runs over to me, expecting her to stop next me, but she doesn't. With a sprig in her step she jumps up at me, paws out in front of me surprised. Falling into my arms our noses touch, before she wraps her paws around me. Pulling me into a strong embrace.

Third P.O.V

He felt her soft fur and the gentle squeeze on his own. He could feel the heat growing in his cheeks, burying his face into her to hide it as he melts into to hug. Holding her protectively. In their embrace the world stopped still on its axis. Pure. Unselfish. Undemanding. Free. He felt her body press in, soft and warm. She stands a bit taller to reach his ear, softly whispering in. "Thanks for your help... Honestly I mean it, I finally feel it's getting somewhere" showing her gratitude, enjoying the moment. "Piberius"
"What?" She pulls away slightly to look up at him. "My middle name"
"Great name officer" she bops him on the nose the same way she did before.

It only made his crush on her flutter around his stomach.