2 ~ 'Heroism'

Third P.O.V The ZPD

The ZPD had been suspiciously quiet since bellwether had been transported to jail. Yet they all couldn't shake of an uneasy feeling, almost as if something was building up.

A certain red fox with emerald eyes lays back in his chair, a sigh slipping out displaying his boredom. "Still nothing carrots?" He peers over to the little bunny who is busy with paperwork. "Well, there is this paperwork that I'd appreciate some help with" she adds, he just smiles at her, folding his arms on the desk, resting his head, looking at her "yeah... That's going to take up some time" he shuffles his chair up next to her, taking the lid off his pen. "Suppose it's something" he murmurs.

The sound of pens scribbling, fans busily moving from left to right. "Officer Hopps, Officer Wilde. There has been reports of some commotion, go see what's happening" Chief Bogo says in a stern tone, handing them some files. Judy is quick to grab them, scanning through them. "What you waiting for? Let's go" The eager fox questions, as he's already half way out the door.

The scenery is a blur, buildings fading away in the distance. "I wonder what Chief Bogo meant by 'commotion' " she keeps her eyes on the road, slightly adjusting the wheel to a 45 degree angle. "Probably just some animals getting out of control, the usual" he adds, sipping some of his pre-made coffee, whilst eyeing the file. "I don't get it, why would we be sent out for something like that, not to mention the lack of information we've been given" she pulls a face after saying this, trying to piece together the situation. "It's a bit like your first case" he grins "then again... I don't believe I've spent much time in this area, in fact I don't remember ever going there" tapping his chin, he begins to search through his ex-con fox memories of places. "Ah! I remember now" he exclaims, slamming his fist on his hand. Judy jumps in her seat slightly, pulling an annoyed expression at the light bulb fox. She sighs, "go on then"
"I used to drive through her with Finnick" his tone changes, recalling his past days before he met Judy.

Nick's P.O.V

"Do you think we'll need to call for back up if there's a fight?" I look over to Judy, we're both unsure about this, all the file states is the location and strange things have been occurring. "Honestly Nick, we've really been thrown in here, perhaps the ZPD doesn't actually know what is going on, strange occurrences happen all the time, they wouldn't set up a full scale investigation for something so trivial"
"That makes more sense, we've probably just been sent out to check it out"
Judy begins to increase the speed of the car, feeling the difference I slump back down into my seat, the leather seats making me feel clammy, back adhesive. Moving my right paw up to loosen the collar of my shirt.
She looks over to me and smiles "getting too hot for you?" I grin at her statement, as I'm about to reply with a sarcastic remark my voice cracks, eyes widening, "Watch the road carrots!" I practically scream this to her. She slams on the breaks in a state of panic, but despite all her effort the car doesn't slow quick enough. I see the extreme fear in the little squirrels beady eyes. I lean forward in my seat in a state of panic, Carrots paws flailing around flustered, every attempt to stop the vehicle from hitting the little squirrel.

Third P.O.V

Pedestrians nearby begin to shout attracting attention. Everyone takes a breath, the two police officers unable to do anything but watch in dismay. However split seconds before the vehicle collides with the squirrel, a swift blur of a feminine fox darts forwards, arms reaching for the squirrel. Once her arms reach the squirrel she pulls them in towards her chest, shielding the child as their bodies swerve in a spiral, both landing on the path a few feet away from the screeching tires, emitting steam.
Everyone stands in awe as the female fox slowly unwraps her protective arms, her elbows grazed slightly from the impact with the rough brittle pavement. The young squirrel quivering in fear, eyes traumatised. Tears begin to spill out, alarmed shouts come closer. "M-Mama!" Snot dropping out its nose, eyes red and puffy. The red fox assists the afraid child onto their feet, they stumble, she quickly corrects them. Shaken parents dart towards their child, holding them tightly, kissing them softly.

As the scene that has unraveled like a ball of string unfolds, the officers cautiously make their way over. "Thank you so much for saving our son! We cannot ever repay you for this" the father cups her paws as he displays his utmost appreciation towards her. "I'm glad he's ok, who knows what could have happened to him." Warmth radiates from her sweet smile, eyes seeming to shine. As the shaken couple and their child exit from the scene, she stands up from the floor she has been kneeling on. Brushing herself down, admiring a couple of her scratches. "Are you alright miss!" Judy dodges her way through the crowd that had formed, from previously checking up on the couple. "What just happened, you, well... It was an act of heroism" the female fox seems startled, "heroism?" Tilting her head at this particular phrase, she scans the two officers suspiciously, resulting in an uncomfortable silence to fall between them.

Nick takes a step forwards. The two foxes eyes meet.

----------------------------------------------

And the two finally meet 😂 Hopefully the pace between them will quicken now, I have some ideas. A contrast of the character now. Another long one, well it's long for me at lest. 😂