21 ~ 'Damn it, I really have fallen for him'

F/d = Favourite drink

----------------------------------------------

Y/n's P.O.V

I return home around 7. 'Surely he won't still be here' searching for the light I call out his name "Seff, you still here?"

...

No reply. 'I guess he left a while ago'
As I walk into the kitchen I notice the plates that were left out to dry are gone.  'Oh, he put them away...' strange for him to be this helpful. Whipping my phone out I scroll through my contacts to his name. It rings, no response, I sigh going back to text him.

Y/n - I'm back home now. Do you want to come round for tea even though it's short notice? I did sort of promise you to some.
P.s. Thanks for doing my dishes, what's made you so helpful? 😛

Hovering over the 'send' button as my eyes read over what I've just written.
After a few seconds I press the power button, it fades to blackness. And it never changes. The screen lights up emitting a lengthened buzz. He's never liked talking on the phone, or to anyone else in fact. I chuckle to myself opening my phone back up to messages.

Seff - I'll be there at 8

His bluntness is back I see. The contracts between the length of our messages are uncanny.

Third P.O.V

Her tattered plumb coloured apron lays over the back of the chair at the table. It is splattered with every manner of stains. Sleek, professionally designed granite counters. Utensils on hooks, matching cups, uncluttered, clean folded tea towel with a faded floral pattern. A gentle swish from the dishwasher, the refrigerator humming softly. She reaches for the knife block, slicing through each vegetable cleanly and easily, then placing them into a bowl with tiny holes at the bottom to drain the water.
The knobs on the oven click as she adjusts the temperature. Leaving the food to cook, her feet wander into the dining room. Setting the table with delicate designed plates, laying the cutlery out with two glasses with f/d poured in, droplets splashing up onto her cheek and apron.

Y/n P.O.V

'I wonder if he'll be on time' glancing up to the clock displaying 7:50. Tapping my nails against the table I think about pudding afterwards, 'I could give the spare to Nick as a gift' I'm not half bad at baking, especially pastry and cakes. Recalling the feeling of being in his arms I notice a blush creeping up. Shaking it off I quickly distract myself.

I begin to prepare pudding for afterwards, rolling the dough out.
Opening the oven door half way to slide the tray in, setting it to the correct temperature. 'Better keep an eye on them.' Cooking and baking like this sure gives me a sense of some normality compared to usual. It's nice.

I hear Seff shuffling his feet outside my door, removing my apron hanging it up on a peg in the kitchen. "Good timing, the foods ready, I'm even making pudding for afterwards" beaming happily as he walks in, hanging his coat up, knowing where practically everything is as if it were his own apartment. He's always had a great memory, despite not being here a while since the last couple of days, and me moving stuff around he has no trouble navigating.

"Enjoying the food?" I ask once my mouth is empty, without having to say a word he nods his head, mouth full. I laugh at his facial expression, "that's a relief then, thought I'd mix it up a bit." Him being the way he is never did bother me. We've always had our ways of getting along, so different from everyone else. Our own special bond.

"Thanks y/n..." He'd stopped eating to say this, eyes staring straight into mine. "N-No problem" my voice stutters due to his surprising gratitude. "I heard you cried like a baby" turning my head the the side I puff out my cheeks, pursing my lips into a childish pout "it's a very rare occurrence for me" sliding his fork through the vegetables he smirks, "and the officer?" The way the question is formed makes me squirm uncomfortably in my seat, a distinct blush painting my cheeks. "What about him" I try to hide the discomfort in my voice but it squeaks at the end of the sentence. "No way... You've actually fallen for him" he leans back in his seat, not looking at me. I don't sense mockery in his tone at this point. "What made you come to that conclusion?" Awfully curious to these surging feelings at the mention of him, unsure of these new emotions. "You've never been much interested in love before" he dodges my question. I leave him to speak, when he's like this it's best to just stay quiet as he just ignores your input. "Must be special, no violence yet, or is he going to be someone you'd fight for?"

My assured grin falls into a neutral expression. 'Now that he brings up the subject... I haven't given this much thought. "Possibly" simple responses is the safest way. He's talking a lot which doesn't happen often. "You've fallen in love with that fox" he points directly at me, centimetres away. My whole face turns scarlet. "D-Don't you think that's exaggerating?" I finish the last pieces from my plate, clearing the whole thing from a tiring day. "Yet you don't deny it" his words hit me hard, reality sinking in.

Damn I really have...