19 ~ 'With your help'

At the ZPD

"So your brought her? I was hoping you would, you value your job" A look of satisfaction crawls onto his face.
"Actually he didn't have to ask, I had a moment of thought and decided to cooperate" she states, roaming eyes darting all over the room the three animals are in.
"I'm amazed you're able to live a normal life after something like that"
"It's a mystery how I sure do definitely live a completely normal like any other animal life in this city" sarcasm splattered all over, Nick tilts his head mildly at her sarcastic verbalisation.
A faint, but loud enough knock comes from the door. "Enter!" Chief Bogo takes his seat at his chair, leaning over watching y/n's response to Judy entering the room. Her posture unsteady, rocking back and forth sitting the wrong way on the chair.
"Y/n!" Everyone's attention falls to the Chief who soon corrects himself. She jerks her body upright, turning her attention over to him. Nick releases a small chuckle, she ignores it. Smiling internally.

"May I introduce officer Judy Hopps" he rolls his eyes, not caring much with the introductions. "Nice to meet you ma'am-" her stretched out paw halts mid way as she recognises the fox.
"Nice to see you again, driving safe?" Judy instantly freezes, praying Chief Bogo doesn't interrogate her for y/n's question. Replying straight away to stop any further questions "you too! Here to help" her voice cracks a bit, an awkward expression on her face. "Be quiet Hopps, we're trying to obtain information here." The bunny closes her mouth disconcerted.

"We've gotten some new information from some undercover detectives regarding the case, finally a breakthrough after all these years."
The conversation turns directly between y/n and Chief Bogo. "We've managed to track a couple of the animals from that place. "Which ones" her expression grows serious, her once carefree one gone. "I was hoping you could tell us." Judy and Nick watch as her lips part before meeting once again. "We can't find anything on them, it's as if their existence has been erased"
"They're good at hiding their identity"

If her thoughts were visible they would be a inverse explosion, crazy chaotic turns and twists of light all coming together to just one idea, after all this time, finding just two of them...

"Would it be too much to ask for your help? You're the only one we know who made it out alive"
"But Chief!-" Judy attempts to interrupt, she fails to disrupt their conversation.

Her brain stops to process the idea of it. And she experiences an inability to compute.
After all this time. The painful memories of that place, what they did to her and the other animals. She hated it so much, how those memories could break her so easily.

"They're dangerous animals-"
"Exactly why we need your key senses and everything you know on them"

Nick turns his head left to right simultaneously. Shooting Judy a look.

"What did they do that you think they could have gotten information from?"
revisiting those memories, her mind scrambling. "Well... I do remember them pushing us mentally and physically past our breaking points... We became so emotionless, unable to feel pain. But other times the pain was too much, we all just wanted to die"

The three others faces whiten.

"I see..." The Chiefs face doesn't alter, he clears his throat "I'd like you to meet the detectives now. Hopps, Wilde, follow"
They all make their way out of the office. Nick places a hand on her shoulder. "You ok with all this?" His concern noticeable. "Hey, I'm stronger than I look" she gently punches him of the chest playfully in attempt to reassure him.

"Miss y/n, I'm Opal Silver and this is my partner Dennis Trunk. We work on secret cases along with most forgotten ones that remain secret from the public, for reasons you must understand" she nods, shaking her hand in response. "Let's get on with this" Dennis acknowledges the Chief that everything is ready, "our team is waiting inside" Opal gestures them all inside. "I've always wondered what was in here" Nick chimes.
The room is pristine, almost a perfectly white wall apart from the cream tinge to it. The room is very spacious, a large area at the front with a slight stage to it has microphones at the top, tables set out in a diamond pattern at the back of the room. "Please follow us over here" they lead them into a closed off room, lights dimmed.

"A home cinema" nick jokes, paws in his pockets. "I wonder what they'll be treating us to" she replies quiet enough so the others don't hear.

Four figures sit prim on the opposite side of the circular table. "Please, take a seat"
"Shall we begin?"
Y/n takes her seat next to Nick, shuffling her seat in towards the table.

"Let's begin"