23 ~ 'Formal Masquerade'

They had gone over the plan, again and again, "can you both dance?" Of course we are both unsure of the question at first. But it all become clear. We would go in disguise to pursue them, Opal has some ideas to as why they would choose a masquerade party to carry their plan out. I could guess. Blending in was crucial.

Third P.O.V

The sheets of the silk dress slipped onto her shoulders, peppering her body with soft, sensual kisses. Pulling it down her torso, tying it at the back. It just reached her knees, flowing out, it matched her figure perfectly. The last of the outfit that had been placed out for her was now on. She gazes deeply at her reflection, running a paw over the frame, feeling the cool ridges and grooves of the mirror. A smile spread across her face. Who would have thought dressing up like this would feel so good. "Woah..." she turns to the source of the voice, seeing him stood there staring at her in such a way causes her to feel embarrassed, clutching her arm awkwardly.

For a half second, the both stood there, staring at eachother. It was her eyes that captivated him most of all, how they can change the slightest fraction to display different emotions. Those eyes. Just the fact that they were so expressive, so honest, wrongly speaking out what his heart was trying to hide. Crystal clear like the water. Clearing his throat he speaks, "ready for this?" Her left paw rises to her face for a moment before leaving a mask of ornate red, black, and gold leather over her eyes in a fire design with a small hook nose on it. He does the same, a mask with similar, minute details crafted perfectly. Outfits seeming to match somewhat discreetly enough to create the impression of a couple. There will be many there.

"It's perfect. You both look most convincing" Chief Bogo states as the two enter the room. "You look beautiful y/n" Opal blurts out, face turning red. Secretly jealous. "T-Thanks" not used to purely innocent compliments causes her to stutter noticeably. "You both certainly look the part, there will be officers on standby if you need them, the rest is up to you. We're counting on you both to get them cornered so backup can apprehend them"
"Got it" y/n acknowledges she understands, looks to Nick, he nods, "no sweat we've got this" clasping hold of her paw, he gently pulls her along with him. "Try not to forget what you're there for Wilde, don't get too distracted" folding his arms laughing at the end. "I'll try, no promises" grinning at y/n, eyes widening through his mask.

After they entered the vehicle, the driver introducing himself. "This sure is fancy, our own driver" she chuckles melodically. "I'm required in this to act as one" of course most animals going to such a fancy party would have one.
A few minutes pass, silence had been going on for a while. "You're too quiet, are you nervous?" She can just make out his face in the darkness, sitting across him she uncrosses her legs. "I'm not sure... Perhaps it's the anticipation"

The location is far out. Rolling hills, flowers dancing to the breeze. Leaves swiftly surfing down, riding the wind. "The location is perfect, I can understand why they chose it" his words were accurate, the building comes into sight. The manor walls sprang from the soil like the very dirt insulted them. Such ornate sandstone was too pretty to touch the earth. The windows were oversized, mullioned and almost cathedral like. It's large oak door was double wide and was sheltered under a wide porch supported by stone pillars. The driveway was grandiose, sweeping into a wide circle in front of the dwelling with an ornate fountain in the center.
They both let out a small gasp. Not knowing such a place was here.
"Have a lovely evening, don't lose sight" the driver says as he opens the door for them. "My lady" He bows, offering her his paw. She instantly takes it, bowing back as a joke, giggling.

Couples make their way in, bright light emitting from the glistening chandeliers. They follow in.

The stairs ahead were twisted in a perfect spiral, like a child's slinky toy pulled from each end. Each stair was a glistening white marble, with a royal purple draped over, sprawled all the way from the top to the the bottom.
The small crowd don't seem to have any interest to what may be up there, they turn right, entering the massive ballroom. Eyes rapidly scan around in search for the animals.

"Care to dance?" Noticing that music is playing, we join the dance. The lights were twinkling with every step as she spun in delicate circles, the pressure of a warm paw on her back and the feeling of her small agile feet gliding along the floor. As their paws separate they find a new partner. All the animals here will be from rich families, have connections and businesses. It's a most formal get together.

The music spun around them lifting away gravity. He smiled brightly as their heels clicked over the ballroom floor. He watched as her fur spun out and bounced more with each move and beat. It was perfect. This was dancing and art coming to life, for a moment he forgot what they're here for. All that mattered was the animal in front of him. Her eyes seem to sparkle, all he can do is gaze deeply into them. She was all that was in his mind. He wanted to wrap her in his arms and never let go.

Y/n P.O.V

He spins me once more. We share such a special mental connection. My fur tingled where he touched me and my heart beat erratically in my chest so hard that I thought it might fly out. It's cliche, love, feeling this way, allowing my emotions to twist and corrupt my senses. But just this once, maybe, falling in love is allowed. Seff's words linger in my mind still, what I knew all along, but was too afraid to admit it. I like him. A lot. He drives me crazy, I'm supposed to ignore it, but I won't. I can't find my voice. Feeling my cheeks flushed hot, and my stomach heavy. This feeling won't stop.