14 ~ 'I'm here'

Nick's P.O.V

I stop. Noticing a boarded off door. My itching curiosity pulls me towards it. "Officer?" She follows close behind me, I can feel her breath against my neck, as I'd stopped suddenly. "I don't think you should see this" my face whitens. Dark scarlet blood stains crawl out from under the door. She peers over me, I see her eyes change, face going violently bare. "Let's go in" I hear her voice whisper, her eyes transfixed on the door.

I reach my paw slowly out towards the door. Applying force to the door, turning the handle. The wooden boards tense up, splintering from the middle. I reach up pulling them away, dropping to the floor. I look back to her, she walks over. "You sure?" All my instincts are screaming not to open that door. "I am... I want to see what they left"
I clench my paw down by my side, dreading what is behind that door.
I swing it open to reveal an old dusty staircase leading down into absolute darkness.

I lead the way, turning my flashlight on. Each step I take my heart rate quickens, dust particles fill my lungs making it hard to breathe. I brush away the cobwebs. A floorboard snaps, whipping my head around just in time to catch her as she stumbles forward into me. "You alright?" I can just make out her startled expression. "Y-yeah, thanks" I pick up on her stutter, for her sake I hope the blood trail leading us down is the last... But what did she mean before we entered?

'I want to see what they left'

I take hold of her paw, shaking gently. The hands that had held so much mockery, a new side of her is showing. She seems so vulnerable, for some reason that my logic can not argue with is that this is not her usual self. Stepping off the last step, I help her down, redness tinting my cheeks, her hand gripping mine tightly. I search for a light in the darkness, stumbling over something hard, on wheels.

My paw skims over a raise in the wall, pressing down rows of lights flicker on, the dust rising.

Never in my life have I've never seen a room with so much torture.

Y/n's P.O.V

As soon as the lights flicker on I feel a sharp pain from my chest, threatening to burst open. The room just how I remembered it. It's... it's too much.

I recall how my body jarred with each blow, how the pain seared through my skin. Maybe at first I shed tears, I don't recall. Crying wasn't allowed. I take control immediately, not allowing it to take me again. I bite down once again, fighting the tears away. The pain is sharp, and cut right through me everytime I think about that time.
Memories I cant escape, or hide from.

Third P.O.V

She was scared of what her past held, all the memories that seemed to never escape her. They were pin point needles, piercing her skin. She couldn't scream or fight back, she had to just endure the pain.

She collapses to the floor as the memories devour her. The equipment they once used to torture her on. Blood stained chairs, splattered all over the floor. They needles they used to experiment on her. There was others. Echoes of screams from them all. Clenching her head screaming, pulling her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around her shins. "NO NO! STOP!"

Her eyes, already red and puffy from crying, squeeze shut to push more tears out. Allowing her head to fall down to her knees, pulling legs closer.

Nick pounces down to her, removing her paws from her head from frantically ripping on her fur. His efforts thrown back. His eyes sting, feeling useless. His touch stops her body shaking. He pulls her closer to him wrapping his arms around her. His embrace is warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around the shivering fox. The feel of her body so close to his soothes him more than he had expected. He gently strokes her head, "I'm here, just listen to my voice. You're not weak... You've just been strong for too long"

He wipes her tears away, a soft and gentle smile, still holding the sniffling girl. Her current state reminds him of a vulnerable child, that he want to protect. Regret fills her eyes in a blink, she'd finally shown someone her weak side. Someone she feels so drawn too, someone she can trust.