29 ~ 'My breath gets caught in my chest... I love you too'

Each and every word came out in a perfect pitch. She bites hard down onto her lip, causing it to throb the slightest, eagerly anticipating some sort of response to her clumsy confession.

Y/n's P.O.V

My breath gets caught in my chest and then I know the fear is gaining on me. I breathe shallow and find a way to release the tension. I feel as if my brain is full of static, either firing off a million unhelpful thoughts at once or offering nothing at all. Why won't he say anything?

His gaze breaks from mine, his head dropping, eyes falling down. Then he finally speaks.

"I can't remember..."

"Huh?"
"I can't remember, what it felt like" he shuffles his body, readjusting himself. "It's so frustrating. I don't remember" wait... He's hurting because he doesn't remember...
"I'm guessing it was mostly an overpowering taste of cranberry" a chuckle escaping. He's still the same. I'm relieved.

This has all been a crazy unpredictable journey, he'd been there with me, I didn't want to leave his side, I've just gone and done it, fallen in love. So cheesy and cliche like I've always said, but so dam irresistible.

"Thanks for staying, even though you had every reason to leave"
His eyes squint, "you idiot, I love you, of course I would!" The room falls silent, the soft breeze blowing through calms to stillness. "But I can't be the one to protect you can I? I think that's your role isn't it?" I nod at his statement mildly, he's got that right.
"Sounds about right" we both continue to smile at each other goofily, damn this got awkward fast.

----------------------------------------------
Author note:
I apologise for not updating very often, my daily streak went to every other day, now to 3-4 sometimes even 5 days 😱 And shorter chapters, this one is very short. I'm shocking 😂 I won't make excuses, and will continue to write this, it's still fun to do so why not? 😁 I don't think there will be a lot more chapters, maybe so some specials after I finish it... But knowing me I'll come up with an idea after I finish.

👋