28 ~ 'It's being in love with you, that makes me happy'

"Back there. You said my name..."

His words slip out his slightly cracked lips. Slithering into her ears, like soft hums. Her smile seemingly a new one, full with pure innocence for that moment. Eyes sparking as the suns rays catch her e/c orbs, dancing in each tiny speck of detail. No imperfections to be found hidden. Such a rare mental connection felt between their gaze, bisecting in the middle, a fusion of perplexed disfigured colours dance, eyes locked on tightly, each step more certain than the last. She had no regrets, she can tell when he's uncomfortable, but he doesn't shift his body the slightest as her figure comes nearer and nearer. He has been waiting eagerly for her.

"I did... It was certainly strange" their conversations nearly always start with attempted humour, it's their way of attempting a normal conversation. They can't kid, there's nothing usual about the both of their relationship towards each other. There's far more to it than the words in it so far. Invisible sparks.

The room falls back into an eerie silence, quiet breathing from the sleeping patients. There was no spare private rooms available, therefore the privacy is very restricted. It's noticeable, how it's paining them holding back everything they wish to say.

She coughs, clearing her throat. "How bad does it hurt?" Worry for his health, most of his pain is because of her. Pulling a small smile, "no worse than you would have went through" his words were an attempt to reassure her, calm her uneasy mind. She drops her head to face the ground, "it's not right... This isn't your fight, I should have been the one to approach them first-" subconsciously edging even closer to his bed whilst saying this, she's now directly adjacent to him. At the first moment he has, he reaches forward to clasp hold of her clenched paw, stopping her from saying more. She instantly resists the urge, biting down onto her lip. "Why then?" Her voice stutters on the fist syllable, annoyed with herself.

At peace with his mind, creases form on the corners of his lips, parting momentarily to reveal a changed smile. "Because that's what you do for those most special to you." Staring contently on "you'd risk absolutely anything for them, all logic flows out" his words honest and true.

Their paws remain intertwined for a moment.

"Cranberry"

He finally says.

"What?" Rendered helplessly lost, she blinks at him. "There was a table with many selections available" not catching on right away. "But I didn't eat anything, why would I taste the faint amount of that on my lips afterwards?"
Afterwards meaning escaping his distraught state of mind. "It baffles me" completely aware of what he means, cheeks starting to burn. "I could smell it on your breath as we got got closer" he says bluntly. Cheeks growing more distinct from the scarlet red blush creeping up from around her ears. "You're thinking too much of it" her voice squeaks at the end, enough for him to notice. "Or maybe not enough" tightening his grip on her he pulls her towards his side. Her breathing stumbles as she falls a few inches towards him. "It-It was my-my last option! I panicked ok! How else could I have given you it?" She blurts this out in a state of panic, almost surprised by her sudden outburst, but he had already had his theories regarding it. And he had affirmed it correct.

Falling softly on the bed next to him due to his gentle tug. "I've grown used to your company, I don't know what you've done, I want to say I hate you for it... But I can't" it would be a lie if she denied it "you make me so happy Nick" her words tug at his heart strings, glistening light passing her, "I'm so glad that we met" throat tightening, she's already had her cry.

She takes a deep breath.

The words she's about to say could be fatal for her heart, new context to form, first time to say those words.

"It's not being in love that makes me happy... It's being in love with you, that makes me happy"

She said it.

Never had she been more nervous in her entire life. It's true, once those words leave your mouth, there's so much danger. Yet it doesn't stop her, she's determined not to lose him.

"I'm a crazy, unpredictable animal, but I'm loyal, and I'll love you with everything I have"