twenty six // 117.3 lbs

Start from the beginning

"Really."

"That's g-great," I said quietly, watching Ashton stand up and pace back and fourth a few times.

"I can't wait," he clapped his hands together once, curls swaying as he paced with a spring in his step. "This will be great."

I nodded, letting the fake enthusiasm drop from my exterior when he looked away.

"I'm gonna go try to get a few things done around the house!" Ashton chirped. "Bye Daisy."

"See you..." I muttered, happy he didn't notice my sudden deflated tone as he turned and walked out my room.

The second the door closed my shoulders sunk, chin tilting down to stair at my lap in thought. The few times I had spent with Evie were torture, so how I'd get through a few weeks with her was beyond me.

I just hoped I wasn't the only one in this house that felt this way.

***

"Has anyone seen Calum?" Ashton asked as he walked into the living room where Luke, Michael and I were all sitting a lot the room.

"He went out," Luke said over his shoulder, bored obvious in his tone as he flipped through various TV channels.

"Out?" Ashton asked, walking around and taking a seat in the gap between Luke and I.

"Yeah. Probably on a date with Dani," Michael chimed in from where he was sat on the floor a few feet away from us.

"A date with Dani? Are they back together?" Ashton asked in confusion.

Hearing them talk about this girl – Dani – helped me piece everything together, allowing me to then decide that my assumption as to who she was to Calum was mostly right.

***

"You should be excited," Max argued, running his hands through his hair.

"I shouldn't be excited," I whined, making sure to keep my voice low in case someone were to hear me. "I've only met her a few times and I already hate her. You know this, Max."

Max rolled his eyes. "Just give her a chance. Once you get to know her she might not be that bad."

"She hates me. I hate her."

"Daisy stop," he laughed.

I pouted, my eyes running all along Max's pixelated face, heart warming and stomach sinking both at the same time. "I miss you..."

"I miss you too," Max sighed. "You should go to sleep now."

"Fine," I huffed.

"We can talk again tomorrow, okay?"

I nodded, my eyes glossing over at the thought of not talking to him.

"Wait –" I quietly spoke, continuing when Max nodded. "H-Has Auburn... Y'know..."

"She hasn't spoken to me and I haven't spoken to her either," Max shook his head.

"Oh." Disappointment.

"I'm sorry," he frowned. "Okay I'm serious; goodnight."

I nodded, swallowing the lump forming in my throat.

"Goodnight."

After I said that we waved to each other, before ending the call. Letting out a deep, breathy sigh I lied down on my back, allowing a tear to glide down my cheek.

How could someone so far away make me feel everything?

***

(IM SO SORRY FOR MISSING LIKE 2 UPDATES THIS WEEK HAS BEEN TOUGH BUT IM BACK)

helloooo

i've realized i'm literally the trisha paytas of wattpad; one moment i'm talking about a cute boy, or i'm all happy and peppy, and then next thing you know i'm having a mental breakdown. there's no in between with me and i'm kinda hear for it :)

have y'all heard the hallowissa song omg

also my teacher hates me and gave me a 16/20 on a project when i only had one or two things wrong so i hate my life :)

qotd: do you have any feedback for this chapter/the story itself? like things i can do better, characters you'd like to see, etc?

stay positive. ily <3