Chapter 24: "NO FUTURE"

We reached our spot around four in the afternoon. The lake house was gorgeous. Mari gave me the tour, saying that it was her mother's, passed down from the family with constant renovations to keep it nice. I picked a room across from Mari's and set my things down and changed as she settled in.

I looked at the photos on the wall, landscapes delicately place. They all were beautiful. I turned to my bag and pulled out some clothes, changing into a bathing suit, and then throwing on some jeans and a t-shirt that Soul had given me. It was some Thrasher brand or something. He said it was cool.

I flopped down onto the bed and sighed at how comfortable it was. I was definitely happy. Happy to be away from Death City as well. I opened my eyes, looking at the sealing. I could take a short nap. I turned over and snuggled into the comforter. I let out a sigh.

I woke up and stood, feeling disoriented for a second. I looked at my phone, it buzzing with the alarm that I should take my medication. I rubbed my eyes and got up.

A few minutes later I walked down to the kitchen, hearing Mari bumping around down there, some music playing. She was singing to it and I smiled at her being happy.

"You're in a good mood." I said, sitting down at the counter.

She turned and slid a plate in front of me, a kind of pizza-thing that was made with what looked like a tortilla instead of dough. I lifted a slice and bit into it, my taste buds singing happily. Mari grinned. "In case the food at the party sucks. And my stomach is telling me it will." She turned and slid her own pizza onto a plate, walking and sitting next to me.

She was wearing a white top that ending at her ribs, her black swimsuit top underneath. The sleeves were longer and flowing. She also wore jeans like I did. "What time is it?" I asked, devouring the pizza.

She laughed. "Seven."

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked, smiling and taking a second to drink some water from Mari's cup.

She chuckled, eating her food. "You looked like you needed some sleep." She said. "And anyways, now you'll have more energy for the party." She said.

I nodded, dusting my hands off and getting up to wash my plate. The water was warm, and I felt excitement run through me. A day without the three guys all over me making the day more complicated, no school hassle, no nothing but some fun with Mari.

"You ready?" Mari asked as I took her plate, now empty, and washed it. I grinned and nodded.

We went to the door and I put my phone in Mari's bag so we would only have to take one. We slipped our shoes on, and then ran down the steps of the house once she'd locked it. I opened the passenger door and got in.

"It's just around the lake." She said, starting the engine. "One of my friends who lives around here told me about it. She'll be there." She pulled out of the parking spot and zipped down the driveway of the house. I tapped the edge of the car window that was down, the wind blowing my braids around. Mari had done them over lunch.

We arrived, the tells being all the lights strung up in the trees and down by what looked like a doc. There had to be at least a hundred, two hundred people there, all our age or so. I got out of the car and Mari left her bag in the back seat. "The back is open if you need to get your things. No one around here is really the type to steal a phone." She said.

I followed her, taking her arm when I realized she knew almost everyone and I knew practically no one. I supposed if she used to spend her summers here, she'd know a lot of people. That's right. It was summer now, wasn't it? I guess that explained the longer weekends and less school.

Soul Eater Boys x Reader: Broken (Book Two)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें