Chapter 13: Sick

We walked through town, Liz talking about the different stores that she liked, everyone nodding, or laughing at how much she went into depth about the stores. We went into the first one, and I looked around at all of the clothing. It was big, and there was clothing everywhere.

Liz grabbed my hand and brought me to the first area of clothing. "Lets start." She said, already grabbing things.

By the end of the day, everyone had helped me find new clothing. There was a lot more than I was expecting, but I hadn't done anything to stop Liz and the others as they picked out clothing to try on. Skye had followed me around on his leash the entire time. We got stopped in the stores, but as soon as the employees saw that he had a very official looking badge on his collar, they walked away after apologizing.

"We'll help you take everything back to your apartment and then hang it up." Tsubaki said. I smiled at them, feeling warm inside. "And then I was thinking we could go get dinner!" she said.

I remembered the last time that we had gotten dinner, and I wasn't too sure if I wanted to have the chance of repeating something like that. And then I remembered James. I pulled out my phone, unlocking it and typing a text to the group chat between Maka, Liz, Patti, and Tsubaki we had been using all day for me to talk to them.

'I need to make James some food. He got sick today.' I typed, sending the message. All of their phones dinged and they checked them.

"Oh okay." Tsubaki said. She smiled. "I'm a good cook. We can get enough for everyone and then go eat with him." She said. The other girls and I nodded. We went to the nearest grocery store, and Maka, Liz and Patti sat outside with the bags and Skye as Tsubaki and I went into the store. As Tsubaki started talking about what she wanted to make, it sounded much better than the thing I was planning on making, so I decided to just go with what Tsubaki was planning.

We went to the register, she pulled out her wallet, but I put my death debit card forward. Tsubaki smiled at me. "It's okay. Really." She said, and I put the card back into my wallet and purse, all things Liz had chosen.

We paid and left, carrying all of the bags up into the DWMA, walking it in about ten minutes, me the only one not very used to walking up it. We reached the student apartments, and we saw Azure in her office. She waved to us, smiling.

We went to my apartment, and I pulled my key from my bag. We went into my room, all the girls looking around at the apartment. "This is a nice place. I wonder just how much money Lord Death has if all of the student apartments are like this!" Maka said.

We went into my room, and had a fun time hanging everything up and putting it into drawers. Next we grabbed all the groceries, put the things that were for me in my fridge, and then went back into the hall to go to James' room. I had texted him a few minutes ago, and he had said that the door was unlocked.

We got to his room, and I pushed the door open quietly. There was the quiet sound of a TV show coming from his living room. His apartment was furnished a little differently than mine, and I realized that Lord Death must have all of the apartments different. We walked to the living room, careful to be quiet, and looked over the couch where the sound of the show was coming from.

James was there, laying on the couch with his eyes closed, clearly asleep. He had a blanket over him and a grey sweatshirt on, and there was a laptop resting on his stomach, paying a show. His hair was all messy, and there was a little cloth on his forehead.

Liz and the other girls made a little noise when they saw him. His eyes fluttered, and he sat up, looking at us, the cloth falling off of his forehead. "Hey." He said, his British accent coming out clearly. "Sorry I was asleep." He said, rubbing his forehead. "I have an awful headache." He said.

I could hear my friends behind me freaking out a little, and I looked back at them, raising my eyebrows. I looked back to him and smiled. I pulled out my phone and texted him something. He picked up his phone as it dinged, and read the screen. "You came to cook?" he asked. He stood, swaying a little as he walked to the kitchen. He was in his black jeans and a grey t shirt, his hair laying down a little as he ran his hand through it.

"You guys don't have to." He said. "But I won't complain." He said. He turned the light on in the kitchen, and I looked around. He only had a few dishes in the sink, but other than that, it was perfectly clean. He opened a few drawers, pointing to different pots and what not. "This is where the cooking stuff is. If you need spices, they're over here." He said, opening different cabinets.

He coughed into his arms, taking a second to catch his breath. "Thanks for coming over." He said, sitting down at the kitchen island. "I didn't have the will to get up and cook anything." He said, laughing a little.

"Of course." Maka said, and I saw her blushing for some reason.

James looked at the clock, seeing it was around six. "I needed to go and see Stein." He said.

"(Y/n)," Liz said. "Go with him and we'll start cooking. I nodded, and James went to the door and got his shoes on. He had to stop once and cough, and then got a sweatshirt on that was hanging by the door.

I hoped that he was okay, because I felt like this was my doing somehow.

-----

Dun dun dunnnnnn...

*cough*

Anyway, sorry it was a little short, but I will continue (hopefully) soon. Sorry that I didn't update sooner but I've been really busy. Thank you~!

bi