15

Jasmine's POV

It was already late, and I woke up to an empty bed... Where had Pippa gone? Her bedroom door was opened only a little, so a fraction of the hall light made its way through. I slid out of bed quietly and didn't hear anything in the hall so I walked out to see her sitting in the living room by herself.

"Hey... What's wrong?" I asked while sitting next to her.

"Well.. My mom just talked to me. She was pretty upset that I'm dating a girl." She sighed. "But she's going to have to deal with it." She shrugged. "I'm not breaking up with you just because it makes her upset. My dad is okay with this so she should be too." She frowned. I sighed and held her hand. I could tell that she felt terrible about the whole thing. I didn't want her to feel like this... Everything was way too much for us.. With people jumping into our lives and yelling at us over social media... I was slowly getting used to it, but she wasn't... 

"Pip..." I frowned. "I hate seeing you like this..." 

"I'm fine.. Let's just go to sleep." She said while getting up from the couch. I followed her into the bedroom and saw her climb into bed. "What?" She frowned. 

"What is your problem? You're not the same chick I fell for." I glared. 

"I haven't changed! Nothing has changed except everything around us!" She said sarcastically. I crossed my arms and glared at her. "Every single day is a new day for us just to be yelled at by some scumbag from the internet or from international news people to talk trash about us." She frowned. 

"Why are you listening to them? It's not like they're right in your face and telling you to break up with me!" I groaned. 

"I know they're not, but do you know how terrible it is to have people talk about us like that?" She said while sitting on her bed. 

"It is terrible. I know. What we do for a living, people are always going to have something negative to say." I said while walking over to her. "And they're nothing but people on the internet who have nothing better to do, than talk trash about people. Unless it's a Broadway veteran and they're in your face telling you to quit... Then that's a sign..." I said while sitting on her lap. 

"I just wish we could have a normal relationship..." She mumbled. I straddled her hips and moved her hair from her face. She looked so sad... 

"You need to calm down." I said while cupping her face. "People need to learn alright? Why is it okay for a guy to be gay on or off stage and date a costar? Why can't girls be gay on or off stage and date a costar?" I frowned. "We just need to ignore the people who are saying negative things and live our lives the way we want to." 

"Thank you." She whispered. I kissed her nose and rested my forehead against hers. 

"You just need to breathe. Every time you feel like the world is closing in on you, find me and talk to me. Don't ever bottle it up." I said quickly. She nodded slowly and stared at my eyes. I smiled at her and let my lips kiss hers. 

"I love you." She said when we broke apart. 

"I love you too." I said while continuing our makeout session. 

~~~

When we woke up the next morning, I smiled at Pippa's sleep face. I placed my hand on her cheek and laughed to myself. 

"Pip, wake up." I smiled. She stirred in her sleep and pulled me close to her. "Pippa." I whined. 

"I'm awake. Just the sun is up and it's in my face." She mumbled. I laughed and kissed her. "Yay, morning kisses." She laughed. 

"You need to get up. We have a lot to do here remember?" I whispered. She groaned and opened her eyes. God she was so beautiful... How did I get so lucky with her saying yes to me? 

When everyone was fully awake, Pip's mom was already awake and sitting at the dining room table when we walked by. We were already ready and dressed to take on the day. Her mom was still in her robe, sipping coffee while reading on her iPad. 

"Good morning mom." Pip said. 

"Good morning you two." She smiled at us. Guess she was trying to be civil with us at least... "How did you sleep?" She asked. 

"Good." Pippa answered. I nodded in agreement, hopefully she wouldn't really talked to me. Now that I knew she wasn't completely on board with everything, I was hesitant to even say anything to her now. We grabbed an on-the-go breakfast since Pip wanted to go biking already. As we passed by, her mom grabbed my wrist. 

"Please, don't hurt my Pippa.." She whispered. 

"I won't..." I said with wide eyes. Her mom was really tripping out over everything... I didn't plan on hurting Pippa. She was my love. Who did she think I was? Some chick from the streets who only wanted Pip for her looks? For her status? Well, putting it that way, it did make sense.. But I loved her. I didn't ever want to leave her. I saw myself with her forever. Growing old together and being cute old people together... Taking her to England to see my extended family... Oh that would be fun! They would love her! 

"Jasmine. You completely zoned out. Are you okay?" Pippa asked when she pulled out two bikes from her garage. 

"I'm fine." I smiled. Yup. I can see us being cute old people now. I don't want anyone else in my life. She's the only one I want.