8

January 2015

Pippa's POV

Jasmine and I had gone to a party together to celebrate the New Year together. Of course, I pulled her away from everyone just to kiss her. I couldn't believe that we had been together for almost three months now. I felt so happy knowing she was my everything. We started previews today for a small-ish crowd, and I was terrified. Everything that we had learned was coming down to this moment.

"This is what we worked for girls!" Renee laughed. "It's time to strut our stuff on stage and show them that women will be included in the sequel." She winked. Jasmine smiled at her little pep talk and I just nodded.

"Pip, clam down. It's just previews." She said while placing a hand on my arm. I tried to get a smile out, but it was so hard to... I couldn't think straight and I needed air... But it was impossible when it was snowing outside and there was no possible way to do that. Renee and Jasmine hugged me, thinking it would help, but it really only helped a little. When we broke the hug I walked out of the dressing room and made my way down to find something to calm me down. I shouldn't be this nervous. It was a show that was just barely going through previews. Not broadway yet. Not even off broadway!

"Pipsqueak! You look terrified!" Jonathan laughed.

"I am...." I frowned. "Did you get a look at the crowd?" I asked.

"Not too big. Probably only two maybe three hundred so far." He shrugged. I nodded at the numbers. It wasn't that bad. I could do that. "By the way.. After we're all going to party and I have this friend that would love to meet you.." he said while holding my hands. "He's seen you in passing and thought you were the most beautiful girl in the world." He smiled.

"Oh... No... I can't..." I frowned.

"Why not? I thought you were single...?" He asked.

"I am! I just.... I don't feel up to dating...." I lied. Jasmine came up behind him and scared him, thank goodness she was a wonderful distraction. "Jazzy! Tell Pip it's okay to date after a long break of being single!" He sighed.

"If she doesn't want to date then why force her?" She asked.

"Because! Pippa needs a man in her life and I have the perfect man to do that! He's been admiring her from afar and I need to make this happen." He groaned.

"Pippa...?" She asked while turning to me. "Do you want to go on a date with this man?" She asked while raising an eyebrow at me.

"I don't want to date any guys right now. I'm happy where I'm at in my life." I shrugged. "I'll date when I feel ready to." I said confidently. Jonathan frowned and stomped off to the guys to complain. Jasmine laughed at his little tantrum and pulled me away from everyone. "That was really close." I whispered.

"Very." She said while wrapping her arms around my torso. I wrapped my arms around her waist and smiled at her. "You're going to do great. Stop worrying about every little thing." She said quietly.

"Alright." I sighed. I did a quick check to see if anyone was near us or coming near us, then kissed her quickly. "Since I won't get to for a while.." I laughed.

"Find me during intermission too. I'll give you kisses then too." She winked.

~~~