Part 6 ~ Breaking Up

Start from the beginning

"You're the one acting so fucking complicated, Michael! I just want this baby! and you know why? because I LOVE YOU! . . but you obviously don't love me enough to make that wish come true for me . . alright, fine . . know what? . . it's OVER!"

What did she just say?

"Over? . . babe, don't say that . . you know we love each other! . . why can't you understand me?!" She lets out a laugh. "Understand you? I DON'T understand you, Michael . . and this is why we're over! I'm done with you . . I'll find another guy . . someone who will give me that baby!"

I grab her and throw her down on the grass. "What the fuck is wrong with you, Keisha?! why are you so obsessed with having a baby all of a sudden?! . . listen to yourself . . you lost your damn mind! you wanna leave me for another guy because I don't wanna have a baby with you?!"

"Yes . . that's right!"

Wow . . I can't believe she just said that. She gets back up, takes her purse and walks close to me. "Think about it, Michael . . it's either US having a baby . . or I'm gone . . alright, I guess I see you in school!" She says, walking away.

I wipe the sweat off my forehead, watching her walk away. How can she put me in this position? it's either a baby or she's gone? . . is she serious? . . how can she do this to me? . . She knows I love her, I love her more than anything in this world. I take a minute to gather myself . . then I walk inside the class room and take a seat at my desk. 

Mrs. Johnson is giving me a look. "Michael . . Keisha . . where have you two been?"

I bite my bottom lip. Keisha and I remain silent . . we're not looking at each other . . GREAT . . I'm gonna be dead when I get home and Keisha broke up with me . . how much worse can this day get?

"I want to see you two in my office after school . . both of you!"

"Yes, Mrs. Johnson" Keisha and I say in unison. 

Time flies by. I wish it didn't. I don't wanna go home and face my dad. After school I pack my stuff and make my way to Mrs. Johnson's office. Keisha is already waiting in front of the door, playing with her phone. 

I'm standing right next to her . . how can she ignore me like that?

She's pretending I'm not even here. 

"Keisha . . why don't you talk to me anymore?" She continues typing on her phone, completely ignoring me. "Keisha? . . I'm talking to you, you could at least look at me?" She keeps ignoring me. I snap her phone out of her hands.

"I SAID LOOK AT ME!!" I yell.

All of a sudden she slaps me across my face. She shouldn't have done that. I grab her and push her up against the wall behind her. "Why did you just slap me, Keisha?!"

"YOU KNOW WHY! now get away from me!"

"NO, I WILL NOT!!"

She kicks me between my legs . . I fall down on my knees, feeling the worst pain on my private part. I can't believe Keisha did this . . how dare she? The door opens. Mrs.Johnson tells us to come in and take a seat.

"Alright you two . . now I wanna know, from the both of you, where have you been after lunch break? why didn't you come to school on time?" Mrs.Johnson asks.

I look at Keisha. She's looking down on her phone.

"I want you to talk! . . where have you been after school?"

"We . . we went to the lake" I say. Keisha gasps in shock. "No, we did not!! why are you making this up, Michael?! we were doing homework and we lost track of time, remember?!!!"