Part 31 ~ Jordyn's Confession

After school I had no other choice but to prepare for the worst. 

The whole day at school I couldn't concentrate for one minute. All I kept thinking about was Michael's phone. What has gotten into me?! . . I can't believe I did what I did. 

I just got home. My heart is pounding in my chest, making me feel nauseous. 

"Jordyn? . . what's the matter?"

"Mom . . I'm about to die . ."

"Excuse me? . . Jordyn, what are you talking about?"

"Mom . . Michael left his phone here the other day . . and . . I looked through it . . I know I shouldn't have . . but . . I saw some stuff on there that made me mad . . so . . I broke his phone . . and he still thinks that I have it and he's going to pick it up any minute now . . mom, I'm screwed . . I couldn't tell him the truth at school . . I just couldn't . . what am I gonna do??"

"You had no right to go through his phone, Jordyn! . . and what did you find on there that made you so upset?"

"Stuff . . text messages from his ex girlfriend . . messages from someone else . . just a lot of stuff that really hurt me . . I didn't mean to break his phone, mom, but it just happened . . and now I'm about to face him and I don't think I can tell him the truth!"

"Jordyn . . you broke the boy's phone . . of course he's gonna be mad at you! . . the worst part about this is that I have to get the boy a new phone and do you have any idea how expensive these smart phones are nowadays? . . I'm really unhappy with you right now, Jordyn. . you shouldn't have done that!"

"I KNOW! OK??! . . I'm sorry I did it! I just explained to you why I did it, mom!"

"Sweetheart . . I'm not going to sugar-coat this . . you did a mistake and you have to face the consequences now . . you'll invite him in and you will tell him the truth . . nothing but the truth, ok?"

"I can't, mom . . I can't ever face him again . . he'll be so mad at me"

"Oh, well . . you should've thought about that before you broke his phone, honey . . that was wrong for you to do and you know it . . sometimes in life you have to face very uncomfortable situations likes this one in order to learn from them"

"Mom . . I'm begging you . . can you please just not open the door when he comes? . . please! I'm begging you!"

"I will most definitely not do that, Jordyn! . . you broke the boy's phone! I have to buy him a new one! . . and that money is coming right out of your bank account!"

"My bank account? . . but, mom . . that money is for the piano I always wanted"

"Well . . I'm sorry, pumpkin . . but you're gonna help me pay for a new phone for him . . that's the least you can do, Jordyn"

"Mom . . look . . I don't care about the money . . but please, can you go out and get him a new phone! . . maybe he'll never know??"

"Jordyn . . the boy is going to figure out that the new phone isn't his! . . you can't trick him! . . that's not fair! . . you did a huge mistake and you have to own up to it!"

The sound of the doorbell ringing rips my insides apart. He's here . . Michael is here . . oh god. I'm about to start crying, this is a nightmare. How will I even start? Mom opens the door. "Oh, hi, Michael! . . would you like to come in?"

"Yea, sure, thank you!" Michael says, slowly entering the house. I'm standing here in the hallway, our eyes meet. A cute smile appears on Michael's face. "Hi, Jordyn"