Part 20 ~ Michael's Jacket

Michael gives me one last forced smile and a quick peck on the cheek before he runs off. Chris is in the hospital? . . I hope nothing bad happened to him. I'm sad that Michael left our little date so soon . . but I'm happy that he left his jacket on the bench.

Now I have a piece of clothing with Michael's scent on it. 

Poor Chris. I'm worried about him . . but it's too bad that Michael had to leave . . I was about to tell him that I love him. I look up to the dark night sky. Will this cute boy ever be mine? 

I slowly make my way home, holding Michael's jacket close to my chest. Black leather looks so good on him. From this day on, this leather jacket is my favorite. I walk inside, take off my shoes and walk upstairs. I hope Michael's ok. There's always something going on with him . . it's either his father who makes his life hell, or his best friend giving him a hard time . . and now Chris is in the hospital and Michael is worried to tears.

I sit down on my bed. I can't stop thinking about Chris . . I hope he's alright . . I will not be able to fall asleep tonight . . not before I know what's going on. I hope Michael calls me before bed. Or maybe I will call him in a little bit . . to make sure everything's ok. 

I'm such a worrier . . I always have been. Especially when it comes to people who really matter to me. Which aren't a lot of people, to be honest . . but Michael definitely is one of them.

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

I just ran all the way home. Mom is sitting in the car, waiting for me in the driveway. I get inside and we drive to the hospital as fast as we can. My heart is numb from the feeling I have inside of me right now. I don't wanna lose him . . what the hell has he done to himself??

"Baby, don't worry . . Chris will be alright"

I look at mom. I'm close to crying but I don't want to. 

AT THE HOSPITAL

"He's in number 203, ma'am!"

"Thank you . . thank you kindly!" Mom and I rush to Chris' hospital room and walk inside. My heart breaks when I see him laying on the bed . . gosh, he looks awful. "Chris?" I walk up to the bed and take his hand. "What the hell did you do, Chris?" I whisper.

Mom sits down on the chair next to the bed. 

Chris slowly opens his eyes. "M-Michael?"

"Yes! . . it's me . . what did you do, Chris? . . what happened??" I can't help but start crying. Mom gets up and takes me in her arms. "Michael, it's ok . . Chris needs rest now . . come sit here with me, honey" 

I sit down next to my mom. 

It doesn't take Chris very long to fall back asleep. I walk up to him and kiss him on the cheek. "I'm sorry for what I said, Chris . . I'm sorry for throwing you out of the house . . I'm sorry, ok??" I whisper with my face on his chest.

"Honey, let him rest . . come here, everything's ok!" I sit back down next to my mother and wipe the tears from my eyes. "What did you say to him, honey? what are you so sorry for, Michael?"

I look at her and shake my head. "Never mind"

"Honey . . would you please just tell me?"

"No . . why should I? . . this is between Chris and I"