22

Mark's POV

I had texted Jackson to meet me at the park. I know it was a lame place but I really wanted to make him feel better by all means.

He had replied that he'd be here in 15 minutes, and as I waited for him, I decided to feed my eyes with the things around me.

Soon, Jackson came walking towards me in his signature hat.

I got up and flashed him a smile, which he returned. I was glad he was smiling. He looked happy, I wish I could help retain that smile on his face.

"Hey, Mark," He said cheerfully.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked as he stood in front of me. His sweet scent made the butterflies in my stomach dance.

He shrugged. "I'm good. What's up?"

"Well, I'm... good too."

"Yeah?" He chuckled.

I nodded and looked down. His smiles were really making me feeling so alive really.

"So, like, is this a date?" He winked.

"What!? No!" I defended, foolishly. "I mean, uh, I just..."

"Hahaha, Mark, I'm kidding," He laughed.

I gave a shaky smile. I didn't know how to feel. Why had I defended myself so bad, when I wished it was a date.

"So, what are we doing here?" He asked looking around, and balancing his snapback on his head.

I shrugged. "Uh, I was kind of bored. You don't mind keeping me company for today do you?"

He raised a brow. "Really?"

I nodded softly.

"Okay then. Let's do what you want."

"Actually, we can do what you want too."

"What?"

"I mean, just because I asked you out doesn't mean you just follow me, we can do what you want."

Jackson's eyes lit up. "Is that so?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm, there is somewhere I've been meaning to go...."

-

"Shit, where are we Jackson?" I asked, looking around the spooky house we has just entered.

"It's a haunted house," Jackson said excitedly.

"Uh, y-yeah, I see that," I stuttered. I wanted to get out of that place immediately, but Jackson really wanted to be there.

"Come let's go!"

Jackson pulled me along the house, and honestly I almost passed out. This place was a carbon copy of the Amity ville House. I could feel my heart sink.

"Why are we the only ones here?" I asked.

"It's our session, that's why. Ooh ooh, look here, Mark!!"

We carried on for the next 30 minutes, until the most tragic thing happened. The lights went off.

I gasped, my eyes tripling it's size as I tried to see in the dark, but it was almost like closing my eyes.

"J-jackson?" I called, but there was no reply. "Jackson, are you okay?" Mark, are you okay? Because I was dying.

When the silence and lonely feeling hit me, I wanted to crawl into somewhere and hide, but who knows what I'll meet there.

"Jackson?" I called as I stretched my hands in front of my face and tried to make my way back. "Jackson, please answer me."

I didn't know where I was going, I kept hitting my legs against things and I kept bumping into the wall.

Why were there no traces of lights? It's noon! Where are the windows?! Why did it seem I entered a cave?! Where was Jackson?!

"Jackson! Please, come out!"

My heart was racing, the whole place was dark. I felt trapped, I felt suffocated. My breathing started to quicken.

"Okay, I get your joke. But this isn't funny anymore, so let's get out of here."

I felt a soft touch on my neck and swiftly turned, but nothing. My heart jumped to my throat.

"Please, stop!"

I heard little whispers, soft scary whispers in the air. I clasped my hands over my mouth.

"Shoooo, neeeeeeey, haaaaaaa, foooooo, siiiiiiiiii. Heeeeeeeeerrerrrrrr meeeeeeee...."

I shut my ears with my hands. I didn't want to hear anymore.

Please, Jackson, be okay.

I was almost passed out when I remembered my phone in my pocket. I quickly got it out and turned on the flash light, then with a shaky hand I dialled Jackson's number.

"Hello, Mark," He answered.

"J-jackson, where a-are you?"

"At home. Why are you whispering?"

"What?"

"I'm home. Do you want me to come to the cafe... work.... young.... would.... 9......"

"Hello, Jackson?"

".... Mark..... hear..."

"Jackson help me. I don't know what's going on. Someone's playing a sick joke on me and I'm scared. I'm so scared right now and I need you. Please..."

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" The scream came from far, startling me.

I was so scared, I shut my eyes and screamed at the top of my voice. So loud. "Eomma!!!!!!!!!!"

"Hey, hey," A voice followed by a hand touching my shoulder.

I could hear laughters.

I opened my eyes and saw Jackson crouched in front of me, he was okay.

"Oh, God, Mark, you haven't changed," My sister appeared from above me with JB hyung.

"God, Jackson, why did you decide to end it?" JB hyung laughed.

Jackson shook his head and looked at me worriedly. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

I was shaking.

Jackson put his arms around me and pulled me into his embrace. "I didn't know it was going to be this bad. I didn't know you were going to take it like this, Mark. I'm sorry."

I shut my eyes and my emotions took over. The tears spilled from my eyes.

Jackson seemed to have heard my sobbing, he Hugged me tighter. "You two aren't being funny anymore. I told you no but you insisted he'd be fine."

"He'll be fine, Jackson," JB hyung said.

"No!" Jackson yelled. "Just look at him! This is some sick joke! You two didn't tell me he'd react like this, you said he'd be fine."

"And he will be, Jackson," JB hyung continued.

"This is some sick stuff! Look at him, crying and shaking! Noona, why? I'd never want to hurt him!"

"Neither would I Jackson," Noona replied. "There's a story to this, but that isn't my place to tell you. Let's go and once he calms down, he'll tell you."

Jackson pulled me up. I wanted to stop crying and shaking but it felt like my body had a mind of it's own.

"I'm sorry, Mark," Jackson wiped my tears away. "I didn't know. I'm so sorry, let's go." And he pulled me away.

Noona was right. There was a story to this, and to why she and JB hyung has done this. I should have known, maybe then my reaction wouldn't have been too bad.

But I'd been so deep in thoughts with Jackson that I'd forgotten my past, and the sorrows that came with it.