Breeding Paideia - Part 5

Raven stared out across the lake, her eyes misting over as she recalled recent events. She couldn't stop the impending sense of doom looming over her. She felt so lost, her purpose just eaking away into the distance.

"So.... how long before they attack again do you think?" Harpers voice broke Raven from her thoughts, she turned suddenly, her expression softening upon seeing a familiar face.
"You know, you really shouldn't sneak up on people like that...." Raven warned, a smile creeping from her lips.
"Sorry, I just..... I can't focus. Have you noticed anything unusual about Abby, Kane and Jaha?" Harper added as she edged up alongside Raven by the lakeside.
Raven raised a brow at Harpers observations, she couldn't deny it, they had been acting strangely since yesterday.
Raven turned, opening her mouth to offer assurance to Harper, before spotting Monty and Murphy making their way over from the fire.
Harper smiled, holding her hand out to Monty affectionately as he approached.

"I'm guessing you've noticed the chirpy behaviour of our leaders too?"
Murphy called sarcastically toward the pair.
Raven grunted, before kicking her feet at the sand aggressively.
"They are up to something, there's something they aren't telling us"
Murphy smiled slightly at Raven, raising his brow.
"You always assume the worst...... anyone have a birthday coming up?" Murphy joked, trying to ease the tension.

"Murphy!" Bellamy suddenly called, jogging toward the group.
"Come with me, we need to recall the hunting party"
Murphy raised a brow, turning to Bellamy in confusion. "They've only been out an hour or so, what's the hurry?"
Bellamy's body turned stiff, his expression completely serious.
"I can't say, but no woman can leave this camp from this point forward. For their own safety".
Raven and Harpers brows both furrowed simultaneously.
"Excuse me?" Raven interjected, feeling somewhat angered that her sex made her some sort of prisoner.
"Trust me Raven, I'm not allowed to explain. But don't go out there. Stay here, keep your eyes open"
Raven nodded in acknowledgment, she knew it was serious by the tone of Bellamy's voice.

"Grab a gun, I'll meet you by the gate" Bellamy said to Murphy as he headed for the exit.
Murphy nodded, turning on his heel and following after Bellamy. "I'm guessing Clarke's with them then?" Murphy called behind him in jest.
Bellamy shot Murphy a warning look over his shoulder, before continuing to march forward. His mind was focused. He needed Clarke back here..........right now.

"Guys, what's going on? Where are Bellamy and Murphy going?" Octavia said, sheathing her sword as she approached the group congregated by the water.
Monty looked at Harper, before turning to Octavia.
"No woman can leave the camp, Bellamy has gone out to retrieve the hunting party. I think Clarkes with them"
Octavia tensed her jaw.
"What? Why?"
Raven picked up a rock from the shore, before skimming it out over the calm waters.
"No one knows, what we do know, is that Kane, Abby and Jaha know something that they arnt telling us"
Raven watched as the ripples from the sunken stone spread out over the surface, sighing heavily.
Octavia looked out toward the gate, watching as Bellamy and Murphy disappeared into the dimly lit Forrest.
"Well, whatever it is that they are hiding.....I am Heda. These people are under my command, and they are my responsibility" Octavia said sternly as she adjusted her harness, before heading towards the hall.
"Stay here, I'll find out what the hell is going on"

"Pssssssssssst....... Bellamy, to your right"
Murphy whispered across the Forrest floor to Bellamy hiding in the brush.
Bellamy's eyes darted across the moss covered ground, the moonlight helping to illuminate the terrain.
It was Darius.
Bellamy jogged up behind a nearby tree, before cautiously making his way towards the figure in the distance.
"Darius" Bellamy whispered, shielding himself behind a boulder.