Icarus - Part 2

Her chains were so heavy, she couldn't run any further, she had to stop.
Darius was up ahead, scouting the next corridor, max following closely behind.

"Clarke, are you alright?" Max asked, skidding to a halt alongside her, knife at the ready.
"I don't understand, we should be near the bridge by now. The map said it was about 10 corridors down this way?" Clarke said defeatedly, catching her breath.
"It can't be far, we've sealed every sector so far, there's only one more before we are at the edge of the ship" Max assured Clarke, looking at her hands. Her cuffs were cutting into her wrists pretty badly, she was losing a lot of blood.

He had made sure to sweep each sector, emergency sealing the bulkheads behind him as they passed through. There were surprisingly few prisoners on board, and any that they had encountered had been knocked out or killed pretty swiftly by Darius with a knife. He obviously had a point to prove since his recent capture.

Clarke picked herself up in a moment of determination, and continued moving slowly towards the end of the corridor. Her vision became increasingly blurred, but she could vaguely make out a shadowy figure ahead, recognising Darius' voice, she followed almost blindly.

Darius held up his right hand, signalling for Clarke and Max to stop - something was ahead.
He turned quickly to Max, signalling him to wait whilst he scouted the room ahead.
Clarke leant against the wall, peering around the corner as Darius proceeded through the dimly lit doorway.

There was an almighty crash, followed by a couple of loud grunts, before Darius was tossed through into the hallway, a prisoner chasing behind. He threw himself on top of Darius, punching him frantically in the side of the head. He was too strong, suddenly the mammoth gaurd reached down and grabbed Darius by the throat. Darius kicked upwards, struggling to breathe, his hands locked onto his attackers wrists, fighting with all of his strength.

"Stop!" Clarke marched around the corner determined, both arms out in front of her, gun aimed directly at Darius's attacker.
"Let him go, or I'll shoot!" She shouted, scouting him through the iron sights.
The prisoner said nothing, didn't even look at Clarke, he was crazed. The red mist had descended. Darius no longer had his eyes open, and looked incredibly pale.
Clarke couldn't stop him, she had no choice.

Bang!

She shot the prisoner square in the temple, the blood pouring from the break in his scull, his eyes rolling back into his head. He fell heavily to the ground, the thud coursing through the floor as he landed.

"Darius, are you ok?!" Clarke asked eagerly, bending down, taking his pulse, seeing the colour return gradually to his cheeks.
Darius reached up to his throat, his brow furrowed.
"Yeah" he replied, opening his eyes and sitting forward, propping himself up on his right arm. "They are so strong, I couldn't.... I didn't have a chance"
Darius looked worried about his recent analysis, before snapping himself back to battle.
"It's fine. I'm fine. Quick, the bridge is straight ahead" Darius said dismissively, pointing towards the doorway.

"Can you fly this thing? Clarke?" Max looked at her, hopeful and anxious simultaneously.
Clarke walked over to the captains seat, her eyes wandering over the wall of controls. There were so many. Luckily, she wasn't entirely naive to the flying of a ship, pilot theory was taught to most students on the Ark. Although execution would likely prove to be a little more difficult.
Max and Darius set about sealing the bridge, whilst Clarke settled into her next challenge.

It wasn't long before Clarke had sealed the doors and engaged the thrusters.
"Darius! Max! Get into your seats, this might be the only opportunity I have of finding my friends, they will help us" Clarke called over her shoulder as the ship began to launch.
Darius, who had been more focused on sealing any remaining sectors on the control panel, was thrown off his feet by the force of the launch.
He scrambled over to his seat, before strapping himself in next to Max. "Are you sure they are up there Clarke?" Max asked tightening his harness.
Clarke looked back at Max, determination in her eyes. "If they were on the ground, they would be fighting to the death to stop these bastards, they have to be stuck up there"

Once in the air, Clarke could see the prisoners on the ground running towards the launch site, angrily screaming at their departure. However, their vengeance was the last thing on her mind, for now only one thing mattered.

"Breaking into orbit in 5, 4, 3, 2" Clarke announced, before slowly feeling the weight of her chains, her aching muscles, her legs, lifting from her seat.

Her determination had gotten her this far, however for now, she allowed the ship to rest in an elliptical orbit, whilst looking out of the observation hatch. Where were they?

Darius was already free floating around the bridge, heading towards the control panel.
Max unfastened himself and headed over to Clarke, "We need to stop the bleeding Clarke, I can't get the cuffs off, so I'm going to have to bind above them" Max said, holding her wrists out in front of her. "Stay still"
Max tore the base of his shirt, ripping it into two long strips, before binding Clarke's wrists tightly. "Does that hurt? Can you feel your hands?" Max asked, tying off Clarke's right wrist.
"It's good, it'll hold" Clarke replied, her voice breaking slightly. Max gazed over Clarke momentarily - he had never seen her look so drained, her eyes were bloodshot, her blood soaked hair, her obsidian bloodstained skin....

"I think I've found them!" Darius shouted across the bridge to Clarke and Max.
"Stay here" Max ordered Clarke "You really shouldn't be moving, I'll get the coordinates"
Clarke nodded defeatedly.

Darius, who had conducted his most recent scan to find the Ark, was pointing at a tiny dot on the map.
"This is the only object emitting a erratic signal. See, satellites emit a steady signal.
This one, however, the signal is changing, it's like someone is tampering with it. I've tried communicating, but I'm just getting static"
Max scoured the map, Darius was right. It could be the ark, Clarke's friends. They would be able to help them.....help her.

"Clarke, we have the coordinates" Max said, floating back over to the controls. Clarke's eyes were almost shut, she nodded at Max, before plugging in the co-ordinates.
"How far Darius?" Clarke asked quietly, rubbing her temples.
"Roughly 8 minutes" Darius called back, before anxiously floating over to Clarke - placing his hand on her temple. She was hot, running a fever. He moved his hand down to under her chin, taking her pulse. It was fast, way too fast. He glanced over at the control panel.  Not far now, they will save her. Please don't let me lose her. Darius thought to himself, his hand now resting on her forehead as he anxiously awaited their arrival.

Clarke dazed out of the observation hatch, falling in and out of consciousness. Unsure if she was awake or dreaming, she could see the ark. She'd dreamt of this moment many times, approaching the ark, speaking to her friends once again, seeing the look on their faces, seeing Bellamy's face.....
Darius was moving to the control panel, trying to get a transmission out.
"This is Darius of Earth, is this the Ark? Come in"
Silence.
Darius continued to try, he had to. It had to be them.
"Darius, come here, quick!" Max shouted from the window.
Three people were standing at the window, looking in shock at the ship before them. Darius knew this was it, he had found them!

Darius turned to Max, "How can we get them onto the ship if we can't radio in?"
Max smiled, starring out of the window, observing the ark. Darius scowled, "What the hell's so funny?"
"I think you have your answer.........look" Max said, tilting his head towards the window.
Darius squinted, A sign?
It was pressed against the window, held by a brown haired lady.
Only one word was written.
"Help"