Promethius - Part 5

Bellamy awoke with a jolt.
Screaming?

He jumped out of bed, luckily still dressed from last night, and ran towards the noise. It was coming from the bridge. As he drew nearer, he realised the screaming was excitement.
He burst through the door,
"Whats going on?!" He demanded, eyes wide at Raven in anticipation.
"There was a voice!!!! Bellamy, someone is alive down there!" Raven responded ecstatically.

Bellamy stood for a moment, looking at the coms system hesitantly, before back at Raven. "D....do you know who it was?" He said sheepishly.

"It wasn't clear, too much static to tell. Monty is going to make a few more adjustments to the satellite, but I think we will be able to hear them really soon!" Raven couldn't stop smiling, this was exactly the hope that she needed. Something to give her purpose, she could feel her inner fighter coming back.

Monty and Harper were hugging, smiling from ear to ear in celebration, before Monty pulled away slightly. "I'm gonna do this, stay with Raven and keep working on the signal" he said to Harper, before jogging out of the room.
Bellamy was in shock.
Could it be Octavia? Please... let it be Octavia. He thought to himself.
Raven walked over to join him,
"Bellamy, do you know what this means?!" Raven said, hopping slightly as she moved.
"It means earth is habitable, it means there are survivors, it means we are not alone!" Raven beamed. Bellamy paused for a moment, looking at the green spot on earth.

"I knew it. I knew the bunker would hold up. Who knows, maybe there are nightbloods down there that survived Praimfaya too"
Raven looked into Bellamys eyes, she could see how difficult this was for him, how much Clarke's death had affected him.  He was like an open book, existing entirely on the hope that Octavia had survived.

"She's down there Bellamy, she's safe, she's so much stronger than we think. In fact, I bet we will see her in no time" Raven rested her hand on his shoulder, and handed him a cup of water.
"Drink this, and then go and help Monty, we've got this"
Bellamy nodded, downing the cup and smiling thankfully at Raven, before heading off to assist with the satellite adjustment.

"Damnit Bellamy, keep it still!" Monty had shouted at Bellamy, who was currently holding the receiver, and not quite sure exactly what he was doing with it, other than 'keeping it still'. We need to align this to the exact point of where we received the signal"
Bellamy adjusted his stance, getting a better grip on the large metal box, hanging from the wall in the engineering bay.
The thing was bloody heavy and Monty was taking far too long about this.

"Right, move it towards me really slowly until I say stop" Monty said, his hands engrossed in the wiring behind. "That's it, stay there"
Bellamy froze. With a few zips of the drill, the box was in place. Unsure as to how that helped the signal, Bellamy knew Monty had fixed it.

"It. Is going. To work." Monty said sternly as he   slammed the panel shut, before checking the dial on the front.
"It's set. If anyone is down there, we'll hear em, let's go".

When Bellamy and Monty entered the bridge, he saw that Echo and Harper were stood at the window, whilst Murphy and Amori were sitting at the table. Raven was hunched over the coms system, listening intently.
Everyone stared at Bellamy as he entered, Echo being the first to look away.
Alarm bells rang in his head.

Bellamy stared at Raven, there was a voice coming from the Radio.... he could hear it. A woman.
He rushed over to listen. Octavia????

Raven looked at Bellamy, watching the shock set in, his face draining of blood completely. He stood frozen on the spot, the only movement being the tensing of his Jaw and a vein pulsing slightly on the side of his head.