The Handmaiden of Nemesis - Part 1

"Octavia. Come in"
Echo held the radio tightly, her jaw clenched.
"This is Echo, do you read?" Ciro tapped Echo's shoulder, before wrenching on her chains.
"You better not be lieing to me little lady..... I don't take kindly to liars" Ciro prodded, moving around her chair to stand in front of her.
"I don't know why it's not working, there isn't anything blocking the signal.... I"
"ECHO? You survived?! Where's Clarke, Bellamy?" The radio hissed in her hand.
It was Kane.
"Kane? Yes, we are fine. We have a situation. I need to speak to Octavia" Echo replied.
"What kind of situation?" Kane responded.
"The mining colony, from the Asteroid belt, they have landed, taken us hostage. I have negotiated a truce, but ...........they need to speak to Octavia"
"The...... mining colony? You mean the prisoner colony? What........ what do they want?"
"I don't know. They need to speak to our leader, otherwise they will kill all of us. There's too many of them, they are too strong. They must speak with Octavia..... she has to come alone"
"Ok. Wait by the door in half an hour. I will see what I can do" Kane replied, the radio clicking off.
Ciro's eyebrow raised.
"Very good little lady" he smiled.
"Bring her.........and bring the pretty little blonde one!" He shouted at a nearby guard.

Ciro and his guards positioned themselves by the bunker door, guns poised. Echo and Clarke sat gagged on the floor at their feet.
Clarke struggled, lashing out at a nearby guard, before being kicked to the ground violently.

The bunker door creaked, the air hissing as the pressure changed, the door swinging open.
Kane stepped forward, holding his hands out diplomatically.
"We mean you no harm" he spoke softly.
"Where is Octavia?" Ciro asked, tightening the grip on his weapon.
"She's here. She has asked me to negotiate on her behalf" Kane continued, moving towards Ciro slowly.
"Bring her out. Now. Or all of your people will die, including these two" Ciro boomed, kicking Clarke in the back.

"Ok, I'll get her" Kane sighed, before stepping into the bunker.
A smoke grenade flew through the air, past Clarke's head before bouncing on the ground behind her. She threw herself to the ground, taking a huge breath.
Gunfire came from all angles, the big guard to her right falling right on top of her, his blood pouring out onto her skin. Warriors flew out of the bunker one by one, Octavia alongside them.
Kane rushed down to her side, releasing her gag.
"The hostages are on the ship, by the bridge!" She cried.
"I got it, come with me" Jaha shouted, signalling to two guards to follow him, jogging towards the ship.
Clarke tried to speak, panting heavily through the smoke.
"You have to stop Echo...... she.......she's promised Octavia to them!"
Kane looked up, his face panic stricken, his eyes searching for Echo.
"I'll find her. Stay here" Kane insisted, jumping to his feet, running out into the vast field of broken rubble. The warriors were fighting prisoners, swords drawn, gun shots flying past his head, he could barely see through the smoke.
He squinted, Echo stood alongside Ciro at the edge of the forrest. They held someone at gunpoint, backing away quickly.
"Octavia!" Kane shouted, running towards the trees through the smoke.
Suddenly a prisoner appeared from behind him, cracking him over the back of the head, causing him to black out and fall heavily to the ground.

"Clarke?!!!" Abby cried, clambering out of the bunker over to Clarke.
"You survived!!! I can't believe it! You're alive!"
Abby wrapped her arms around her in a crushing embrace.
"I was so worried" she said softly, her face buried in Clarke's hair.
"Mom" Clarke whispered. "I missed you so much"

Indra and the rest of the warriors slowly began to gather by the bunker entrance.
"Indra, where's Kane?" Clarke asked, sitting up, her eyes scanning the group for familiar faces.
"He...... he was here a moment ago?" Indra looked around, looking out into the smoke.
Abby jumped to her feet, calling to Indra.
"You find Kane, ill find Jaha"