The waters of Lethe - Part 1

The trek back to Elisya had taken most of the night. The ship was too big to hide, so Raven had closed all the doors and instructed Bellamy, Darius, Max and Murphy to extract and carry 2 fuel cells each. This would stop anyone being able to enter or launch until they had time to install security systems and remove their belongings.

Both Bellamy and Darius had created cradles for the fuel cells, dragging them behind as they walked, however in the pitch black, progress had been quite slow.
The sun was just about to peek over the horizon, and the whole forest had been tinted in the most beautiful shade of amber, the morning dew refracting light in all directions, the scent of the day ahead filling the air.

Bellamy had followed behind Clarke for most of the way, to ensure she didn't collapse from her wounds. And although she lost balance occasionally, she was walking steadily for the most part.
As they approached the brow of a hill, Bellamy stopped, looking down on the valley ahead, there was a building next to a set of lakes, surrounded by large old trees. The sun was bouncing off the water, reflecting onto its surroundings. He took a moment to appreciate just how beautiful it was, before noticing Clarke was much farther ahead of him than he would like, and deciding to march on to catch up.

Darius was the first to arrive, Saffi running out to greet him, hugging him tightly. The rest of the crew following suit. Bellamy watched as a young girl flew out of the building towards Clarke.
Maddie hurtled into Clarke at lightning pace, her arms wrapped around her waist tightly, tears falling from her eyes.
"Clarke, I thought I would never see you again!" Maddie cried. "You were supposed to be back days ago. You lied!"
Clarke looked down at Maddie, her face mixture of shock and relief.
"Maddie, I....." Clarke couldn't compose herself, tiredness taking over.
"What happened?" Maddie said, eyes welling, looking up at Clarke.
"I'm sorry. It's a long story Maddie, but, we are here now. My friends are here too, we have enough people to rescue those in the bunker" she comforted Maddie, smiling down at her gently.
Maddie sniffed, pulling away from Clarke, wiping her eyes on her sleeve.
"I'm so glad you are home" Maddie sniffled quietly.
Clarke reached out, rubbing the side of Maddies arm.
"I need to get some rest, I'll tell you all about it later. Can you make sure everyone gets settled in?" Clarke asked.
Maddie nodded, picking up Clarke's things behind her as Clarke headed off towards the hall.

Max and Bellamy were ambushed by an excited Jonah, running at full pelt into his dads arms.
"You're back!!" Jonah cried, gripping his fathers Tshirt tightly in his tiny hands.
"Did you get help to release the bunker?"
Max wrapped his arm around Jonah, comforting him a moment.
"Our negotiations with the prisoners failed, but we have other sky people that will help instead"
Max looked over at Bellamy, grinning.
Bellamy crouched down so he was at Jonahs eye level, "Your dad has told me a lot about you Jonah. Nice to meet you, I'm Bellamy"
Jonah looked Bellamy up and down, taken back a little by his size and form.
"Bellamy? As in.........Clarke's Bellamy?" Jonah replied, looking up at his Dad seeking confirmation. 
Bellamy turned a slight shade of pink, smiling slightly, before looking at Max who had now begun to grin a little too much for his liking.
"Yes Jonah, these are all Clarke's people. We've brought them down from the sky"
Very diplomatic Max , Bellamy thought to himself.

Jonahs eyes lit up, suddenly he released the grip on his father and threw his arms around Bellamy.
"I've heard so much about you! Clarke is always telling us stories about you, all of the adventures you have been on!" Jonah squeaked in excitement.
Bellamy grinned, before rising to his feet and looking down at Jonah.
"Haha, is she now?! Did she tell you how we escaped from space?"
Jonahs eyes lit up. "No! What happened?!"
Bellamy beamed, winking at Max.
"If you can find Clarke for me, we will tell you all about it?"
Jonah looked around frantically.
"Ok, I'll find her" he said, before zipping off into the old hall.

Bellamy discarded the fuel cells at the entrance of the hall, pulling the cradle up and over his torso. 
As he entered the hall, Bellamy's eyes grew wide, looking around the building in awe. The vines creeping through the old windows, entwining themselves into the old stone. The ceiling had a couple of old stained glass panels, showering multicoloured light onto everything within. The hall was filled with people, chatting, joking and celebrating their return.
He looked around the room, scanning for familiar faces. There was a man in the corner playing some sort of instrument that resembled a Celtic harp, but slightly more primitive, making it feel very much like the taverns he read about as a child. 

Echo and Emori were sitting at the bar, cups in hand, Emori chatting away with Maddie.
Raven was giving instruction to Murphy, Monty and Harper for moving the fuel cells into a secure location.

Bellamy grabbed a cup and sat next to Echo.
She sided up to him, whispering in his ear "A little different to the Ark, don't you think?"

Darius set about showing the new village members into their huts. Although they weren't as fancy as the Ark, the huts had a lot of character to them. All made from reeds and clay from the lakes, they all had the same rough layout, a bed, seating area, fireplace.

Bellamy was the last to be seen into his new home. Darius walked over to the fireplace, picking up a piece of wood from the nearby pile.
"It's not really the time of year for it, but it can get quite cold at night" Darius said, throwing the piece of wood back onto the pile, making small talk.
"If you need food, the kitchen usually has something, hunting parties go out every day at dusk"
Bellamy nodded, looking over his new abode, picking up the small trinkets that had been placed on the nearby nightstand fashioned out of logs.
"When's everyone meeting? To discuss the bunker?" Bellamy asked, his fingers tracing over the edge of a leather bound cup, inspecting it closely.
"Sundown, tonight. Clarke has asked that everyone get some rest first........ she needs to rest" Darius replied, looking over at Bellamy, pausing a moment.

"We nearly lost her...............thank you for what you did" Darius continued.
Bellamy raised an eyebrow, turning his shoulder to Darius, still inspecting the cup. His movements slower, more calculated, looking over Darius discreetly.
"It's ok, I know how important she is..........to all of us" Bellamy replied, placing the cup on the nightstand slowly, keeping his eye on Darius.
Darius nodded. "Yes, well." He paused, making eye contact with Bellamy.
"She needs rest. Please respect that"
He almost blurted the last part out uncontrollably.
Bellamy raised an eyebrow, turning slowly to face Darius.
"What makes you think I wouldn't?" Bellamy replied, frowning slightly.
Darius curled his lip, his frown relaxing slightly, before sighing heavily.
"There is always someone that needs saving, a challenge, a battle to be fought" Darius looked at the ground, deep in thought.
"She nearly died. She needs to heal..........She just wants to be at peace.......with herself especially" Darius looked up, face showing his concern.
Bellamy locked eyes with Darius, scanning back and forth. His feelings were genuine, he could tell. Bellamy took a deep breath, his expression softened.
"Of course" Bellamy nodded.
"I understand"
Darius exited the hut, nodding at Bellamy over his shoulder as he left.
Bellamy sat on his bed, staring at the back of his hands, Darius's words running through his mind.
"She just wants to be at peace"
Bellamy looked over to the door. He sighed to himself, before leaning back onto his pillow.
Don't we all Clarke, don't we all......