Breeding Paideia - Part 4

Bellamy couldn't understand why he felt so angry.
He was so happy that Octavia was back, and finally safe. She hadn't really spoken about what had happened in the bunker, nor how she came to be in the woods with Clarke that night. He didn't care too much, all he cared about now was that she was safe and back with him.
His mind ran over the last conversation between him and Clarke. It had been 2 weeks since his outburst in the tent, the lack of sleep and worry for Octavia had only made things worse. But he couldn't shake everything that had been said. His mind was in torment.
Did she really mean it when she said she wasn't attracted to me?
He knew she liked both men and women, after all, she had been with Finn.
But if she wasn't attracted to him, why had she kissed him?
How could she just go out into the woods like that, leaving him to worry about her?
Bellamy continued to aggressively slam clay into the crevices of the newly built wall of the camp.

"Bellamy?" Octavia said quietly after approaching him from behind, shocking him slightly as he span around, his entire torso covered in mud from the wall.
"Christ Octavia" Bellamy panted, his expression suddenly softening as he gazed over her soft features.
"What's up?

"I was going to ask you the same question, you're behaving really strangely." Octavia said, reaching her arm out to her brother instinctively. Octavia watched as his eyes trailed off at something over her shoulder, before following the line of sight.
Clarke stood at the entrance to the camp, suiting herself up to go out with the hunting party. Maddie hugging Clarke tightly before her departure.

Bellamy dropped his eyes to the floor, his jaw tensing.
"I'm fine" he suddenly blurted, throwing a rock at the wall behind him dismissively.

"We may have been separated for 6 years, but you're my brother, I know when you're hiding something, and I know when you're angry"
Bellamy grunted dismissively before turning back to the pile of clay, rolling some up into a ball in his hands.
"It's Clarke, isn't it" Octavia blurted, suddenly watching her brothers shoulders tense with her words. He remained silent.
Octavia couldn't help but feel sorry for him. He struggled so much with his emotions, and was even worse when it came to expressing them. The only person he had ever been honest with was her. He was plagued with guilt and anger, his 6 years in space had softened him slightly, perhaps matured him a little. Octavia felt the need to ease his suffering, she couldn't bare to see her brother this way.

"Everyone has changed, Bell. We are different people now, all of us. You can't expect things to be easy after all of this time" Octavia continued.
Bellamy grunted, before slamming the aggressively rolled ball of clay into the wall once again, causing specks to course through the air and splash onto Octavias cheek, she grabbed her sleeve, wiping it away in annoyance at her brothers stubbornness.

"She was out there on her own O, she could have been captured. She was lucky she found you....."  Bellamy blurted agitatedly.

Octavia raised a brow, still removing the newly speckled dirt from her face.
"Are you serious? Bellamy....... if she hadn't found me when she did........." Octavia paused a moment, looking away at the camp, her eyes distant.
"She saved me Bell, I wouldn't have gone back there"
Bellamy stopped still a moment, before turning to meet his eyes with his sisters, his brow furrowed in confusion.
Clarke saved you? I thought you saved her? Octavias eyes were dropped to the floor, her stance rigid, her gaze distant. He knew she was hiding something. He reached his hand out to her shoulder, a feeble attempt at comfort for something he could sense was fairly serious.
"What happened Octavia, what did they do to you? You're going to have to tell me sooner or later"
Octavia swallowed, adjusting her belt, refusing to make eye contact. She took a deep breath before continuing.

"In time Bellamy, I'm just happy to be back. I don't want to talk about it, please respect that.
Bellamy swallowed, the anger showing in his expression, before nodding in acknowledgement.

"So..........She saved you? How?" Bellamy asked, his brow furrowed in confusion.
"After I escaped, I was alone in the woods. They were chasing me. Clarke killed two of the guards, if she hadn't, I would be dead"
Bellamy's expression softened with shock, his eyes becoming distant in the fading daylight.

"She's strong Bellamy, much stronger than before. Unlike myself at the moment" Octavia added, brushing her shoulder down tentatively in disgust at her recent weakness.
Bellamy swallowed hard, before looking once again at Octavia.
"Why, what's wrong? Are you feeling ok?"
Octavia smiled slightly.
"Better. I guess" Octavia paused a moment.
"Abby has said that we will need to head to Beccas bunker for further tests. But it's a days trek in the Rover, and I want to make sure the wall is finished first before we head out"
She added determinedly.
Bellamy nodded, respecting his sisters wishes. She was their leader after all.
"If you feel anything, you tell me, and I'll get you to that bunker. Ok?"
Octavia laughed. "I'll be fine bell. Really. You on the other hand........"
Bellamy raised an eyebrow, amused at his sisters concern.
"When was the last time you ate?" Octavia asked, prodding her brother in the shoulder playfully.
Bellamy grunted dismissively.
"Right, I'm ordering you to get your ass in that hall and eat something............and then take a bath. You look a bloody mess" Octavia said sternly.
Bellamy groaned, dropping the clay in his hands before brushing himself down in acceptance.
"I'll eat, as long as you promise me you get those tests done some time this week" Bellamy called over his shoulder as he headed toward the hall.
Octavia snorted, giggling slightly at her brothers brash sense of arrogance toward her leadership. Although she knew in this case, he was right.

"Bellamy!" Abby called from the bar as she saw him enter.
Bellamy smiled, making his way over to Abby, Kane and Jaha sitting by the fire. On closer inspection, their expressions were serious. Something Bellamy knew all too well. He closed in on their position, resting his hand on the back of a chair. Kane smiled slightly, gesturing for Bellamy to join them.

"Our prisoner has given us a vital bit of intel about the location of their camp....... and their motives"  Kane said quietly, the concern showing in his eyes.
Bellamy swallowed before deciding to sit down on a chair amongst the group. He gestured for Kane to continue.

Kane sighed, looking at Abby for her council as he struggled to find the right words.
"We know where they are. About 40 clicks north of here. But what we are really concerned with, is what they want" Kane replied, his expression darkening.

Bellamy furrowed his brow as he took a bite of food.
"What do they want?"
Abby sighed as she looked over at Kane and Jaha, before her gaze locked with Bellamy's.
"It looks like they want to populate the earth with a genetically engineered race, a "super race" for lack of a better word" Abby added.
Bellamy's eyes narrowed as he placed his plate on the floor in front of him, his mind trying to make sense of the newly acquired information.

"From what I can ascertain, they won't stop until they achieve their goal. But they need women." Abby continued.
"Don't they have their own?" Bellamy blurted, the anger coming through in his voice.
Jaha poured himself a drink, passing Abby a knowing glance, before leaning forward in his seat.
"Apparently not, that's why they are here. The prisoner told us that a few years ago, they lost most of their women in an explosion on one of their ships. They were kept as breeding slaves in a singular section, and when the explosion hit, they lost the ability to populate"
Bellamy's face became pale as he looked around the hall at the small amount of survivors that remained. The news already taking its toll on him.
He remained silent, whilst Kane and Abby passed one another a concerned glance.

"Where's Clarke?" Abby suddenly asked.

Bellamy lifted his eyes to Abby's. His jaw suddenly becoming tense.
"She....... " he paused a moment
"I think she's out hunting"
Jaha placed his cup on the hide beside him, before leaning toward Bellamy, keeping his voice low to avoid for the earshot of the survivors. 
"We need to formulate a plan, but for now, we need all of our women here, behind these walls, and to protect them at all costs. Do you understand?"
Bellamy nodded, his eyes locking with Abby's for a final time as he rose from his seat.

"I'll go and find Clarke"