Icarus - Part 3

"Open the hatch, she's outside!" Max exclaimed, staring enthusiastically out of the window. She'd done it.
The outer doors opened, and Raven descended onto the ship, sealing the doors behind her with a punch of a button. She removed her suit, feeling the rush of pressure around her.

With a whoosh, the interior doors opened, and she made her way through into the corridor hurriedly. 
"Where is she!?" Raven demanded as soon as she entered the bridge, completely focused, avoiding all formalities.
Whilst communicating via hand written signs back and forth, Max had written about Clarke's condition. It had been moments after, that Raven had outlined her plans for boarding the prisoner ship, leaving them with Bellamy to communicate across whilst she suited up.
"The captains chair, there" Darius called to her, pointing to Clarke.

Raven rushed over to her friend, pushing off various objects to make herself faster, before checking her over. She could see instantly how serious a condition Clarke was in. This is bad, really bad. The thought to herself, disturbed by Clarke's appearance.
"We need to get these cuffs off of her, she's still losing blood" Raven called, looking up at Max and Darius, both of which looked at each other, and then back at Raven.
"The key is jammed, it won't come lose. I can't get them off" Max responded, disheartened.
Raven inspected the cuffs, tugging at Clarks wrists, before looking up at her unconscious friend anxiously.
"If we don't stop the bleeding, she is going to die. I ....... I have some bolt cutters on the Ark" Raven said to herself, looking at the ground in thought.
"I need to get them." Raven hurriedly cried to Max and Darius.
"It took 10 minutes for you to get here. How long will it take for you to go and get them and get back to us?" Darius replied, hesitantly.
Raven looked up at Darius, she was full of strength, she knew exactly what she needed to do. She wasn't going to let Clarke die, not after everything, after getting this far. Raven had a plan, and it was going to work. It had to.
"I'm going to dock the ship. Quick, help me move her!" Raven unfastened Clarke from the captains chair, allowing her limp body to float slowly upwards.

Darius and Max took ahold of Clarke, placing her into a nearby chair, strapping her down.
Without a moment to lose, Raven moved into the captains chair, and began flicking switches and engaging systems.
"Hold tight, artificial gravity!" she called over her shoulder, as both Darius and Max fell to the ground with a thud.
Darius rushed over to Raven in amazement. "That's amazing, how did you do that?!" He asked excitedly.
Raven looked back at Darius smiling, "You ain't seen nothing yet!" She retorted.

"Engaging thrusters, beginning docking sequence" All of a sudden, Darius was thrown off his feet into a nearby chair. Probably best to stay here, he thought to himself, watching Raven complicatedly push buttons, turn on switches and steer the ship into position with the ark.
"I need to have the dock exactly aligned, if we miss, it won't lock and we won't be able to get in. Here goes!"

Raven began shouting profanities whilst staring at screen in front of her. The screen was glowing red, making loud beeping sounds. Darius watched eagerly, obviously this part was a lot harder than he had assumed moments ago .
"YES!" Raven proclaimed, watching the screen glow green.
"Quick, release the outer doors!" Raven shouted as she jumped to her feet, rushing towards the docking bay. It was a couple of corridors down from the bridge, Raven ran as fast as she could. Max was already at the door, showing everyone inside, before Raven came hurtling around the corner.
"Bellamy, grab the bolt cutters, hurry!" Bellamy had only just walked past the outer doors, he looked at Raven, her face said it all. He knew it was a matter of life or death.
He turned on his heel, rushing onto the Ark to find the bolt cutters, Raven following closely behind.

"This way, on the bridge!" Raven shouted. "We need to get the cuffs off, she's losing too much blood!" Bellamy came to a halt as he entered the bridge. Ahead of him was the back of a chair, he could see a whisp of blonde hair on its outline, even in the dim light. Clarke?! He thought to himself as he briskly walked over, turning the chair to face him.
He looked over her, unconscious, blood everywhere, her wrists wrapped, cuffs cutting into her pale skin, the chains hanging from her arms.
His eyes grew wide, he couldn't waste another second. He knelt down beside her, grabbing her wrists and pulling them forward.
"Clarke, can you hear me?!" He asked firmly.
There was no response.
Bellamy picked up the bolt cutters, opening them and placing the edge on Clarke's cuffs. Staring at Clarke, his eyes darted back and forth with anxiety. With one almighty crack, Bellamy chopped the cuffs from her wrists.

Dropping the bolt cutters, Bellamy snatched up Clarke's hands, looking at her wounds.
Bellamy turned to Raven, about to ask for a bandage, but Raven had already taken two out of their packets and was holding them out at the ready.
Bellamy wrapped as tightly as he could, placing pressure on the wounds, pulling the cuts together as best as possible.
He grabbed her arms, lifting them above her head. She was completely limp, he knew this wasn't enough. He had to save her.
Bellamy bent down, scooping her up in his arms.

"She needs fluids, I'm taking her to the med bay" He called over his shoulder, heading out of the bridge towards the ark.
Raven hurried behind him, as did Darius, Monty and Harper. "Murphy, prepare an IV!" He shouted carrying Clarke down the hall.

"Clarke. Clarke can you hear me?" Bellamy held her hand, sitting next to her bed. They had managed to get fluids into her, but her blood pressure was so low. Her heart rate was dropping. The IV ran out of the back of her hand, drawing fluid from a nearby bag hanging behind her head.
"Clarke?" Raven stroked the side of her head, her face panic stricken.
It had been 6 years since Bellamy had seen her last. He had thought she was dead up until 3 days ago, had been riddled with guilt for leaving her behind. And now here she was, in front of him, about to die.

He gazed over her soft features, her skin, the years had been kind to her - she had aged gracefully. She had more character to her, her long lashes clumped together with her black blood. Her hair that normally looked like spun silk, now weighted down with black clots. Her lips were pale, almost blue.
He reached out a hand to her cheek, pushing the hair away from her face, revealing an almighty bruise.

"What happened to you? What did they do to you" he said to himself, eyes welling, the anger creeping in.
"She will never stop, not when people need saving Bellamy. Not when we needed saving" Raven smiled slightly, glancing over.
His face said it all. A ball of nerves, a wreck, he was scared to death.
"Clarke" Bellamy looked up at her, his jaw tense. "Please!" He whispered, burying his head into her hand.

Raven moved over to the heart rate monitor, her heart rate was increasing, even if it was ever so slightly.
Suddenly Clarke's hand twitched, Bellamy looked up - eyes fixed on her face, letting go of her hand in shock. "Clarke?!" He said anxiously, eyes wide.
Clarke's face crumpled in pain, she let out an almighty hissing sound. "Arghhh, my head" She whispered.

Bellamy jumped back, his expression a mixture of shock and disbelief.
"What happened, where am I?" Clarke said, eyes still shut, her face tense from the pain.
Raven grabbed Clarke's hand. "You're on the Ark Clarke, we docked the ship, you saved us, so we thought we would return the favour. You lost a lot of blood....." Raven trailed off.
Clarke began to open her eyes slowly, the light was so bright, everything was painful.
She could make out two figures in front of her.
"Bellamy????" Clarke said, hopeful, squinting whilst trying to focus.

"Yeah Clarke" Bellamy replied, voice breaking.
Clarke shot forward, pulling the IV over as she went, wrapping her arms around him, pulling him close. Bellamy felt the warmth of her skin, her steadier pulse on his chest. His own heartbeat now raising significantly, his eyes shut in disbelief. "You're ok" he whispered into her hair.
Clarke pulled away gently, before looking over at Raven, smiling, and throwing her arms around her.
"I missed you guys so much" Clarke said to herself.
Bellamy's mind was racing as he watched Clarke smiling over at Raven.

From the ashes we shall rise, Clarke.
He thought to himself.