She didn't look away, though.  Instead she wore a curious expression and I felt my heart leap in surprise when she spoke the word, "Hi."  She had a sort of low and raspy voice.

              "Hello," I muttered.  I looked straight ahead in hopes she'd leave me alone, but in my dismay I heard her speak again.

            "How's it going?"

            I breathed a laugh and looked down at her, "Is that a joke?"

            She shrugged, "It could be."

            "Well," I sighed, "I'm okay. How are you?"

            "Annoyed."

            It was such a blunt statement that I almost laughed.  "Relax, the mall doesn't close til eleven."

            She made a face, "Why the hell would I want to go to the mall?"

            I shrugged, "Isn't it like a feeding ground for you girls?"

            "For some," she corrected me.

            My eyes immediately went to the girl with black hair standing behind her.  She had smiled at me before, but it didn't carry any warmth.  I turned my attention back to the girl standing in front of me and smiled a little.  "So what would you like to be doing then?"

            Her head tilted to the side a little, "I don't know," she thought, "maybe going out on a walk or playing my guitar."

            My eyes widened, "You play the guitar?"

            "Yessir."  She smiled, "What about you?"

            "I do too."

            Her eyebrows raised, "What kind?"

 "An Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top," I replied shortly.  I didn't expect her to know what this meant, which was my purpose.  However, she was full of surprises.  

            "Sweet!" she exclaimed, "I was considering the Les Paul Standard, but currently I'm playing aTaylor114ce Acoustic-Electric."

            Holy crap, she spoke guitar.

             I heard my older brother, Adam, whistle behind me. He kicked me in back of the leg as if to say "nice find."

 I cleared my throat, "That's, uh, a pretty nice guitar to have...how does it play?"  

 "Beautifully," she replied.  

            She replied so straight to the point, and for some reason I really liked that.  It made me want to hear her talk more.  So on the account of lack of words, I introduced myself.  "I'm Blake."

 "Grace," she said with a smile.  

            I shook her hand lightly and glanced at her friend behind her. She looked totally bewildered at what happened. When she saw me looking at her, she glared at me and looked away, disgusted. Wow, nice chick. I realized that I was still holding Grace's hand, and I let go of it quickly.  Grace just laughed and I looked down at my shoes to hide my embarrassment .  

            Luckily, Adam came to my rescue, "Hi, I'm Adam."  He flashed a smile at her.

            She shook his hand.  "Brothers?" she inquired.