Chapter 29

THE NEW COVER IS THANKS TO NO_SOLUTION. SHE'S AMAZING GUYS. MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT HER WORK.

Chapter 29

Blake's P.O.V.

I felt my muscles tighten and my teeth clenched together.I had to get out of here.I didn't know where I was, but I had to get out.I was running.I was running for my life, but I was moving nowhere.I had to get out of here.

And then I was falling.

I screamed.I screamed for help as my limbs flailed in the air, desperately reaching for something to grab hold of.But there was nothing, just blackness.I closed my eyes and screamed.I fell into the blackness.

My body lurched forward and I found myself sitting upright in bed.My hands were out in front of me, as if I was trying to protect myself from the ending of that bottomless fall.With a sigh of relief and exhaustion I slumped back down onto my back.

This was the third time I woke up from a bad dream this night.I barely got any sleep.As desperate as I was to close my eyes again and drift off, I was a little weary from all the dreams I had.They all started out differently, but ended the same way: with me falling.

I looked over at my alarm to see that it was only 8:03 in the morning.With a sigh, I hoisted myself out of bed and stumbled over to my closet.I grabbed the first pair of jeans and a shirt that my hands touched, not bothering to check if they matched.I walked into my bathroom, blinded by the bright sink lights, and threw my clothes on top of the toilet seat.

I eagerly turned on the water for my shower, waiting for it to become hot and steamy.Once the water started streaming down, I stepped inside and closed the curtain after me.The hot water felt good on my heavy eyes and slumped shoulders.But even as I got out of the shower and dressed myself, I couldn't help but notice the expression on my face in the mirror.I looked worried.

Truthfully, I was worried.I was worried about Grace.I knew she was with Bre all day yesterday and walked home at around eleven.She said she got home and told me goodnight.But something was off about her, I could tell, even if I was only judging from a text message.

She seemed tired, so I decided not to question it.I wish I had, however, because after she said goodnight to me, I laid on my bed suddenly wide awake.It took me a good hour to finally pass out, and even then, the full feeling of sleep wouldn't wash over me.
I shook my head and looked at my reflection.I could see my green eyes were glassy."Everything is fine," I told myself.Judging by my expression in the mirror, I didn't believe my own words.

With a sigh, I pushed myself out of the bathroom.I walked downstairs and was greeted by the smell of pancakes and Family Guy.Jimmy sat slumped over a plate of pancakes with his eyes glued to the television.He held a fork in his right hand.

I grinned and walked behind him."Morning champ!" I said while slapping the back of his head.

Startled, he brought up the hand holding the fork to slap my hand away, but ended up hitting himself in the head with the sticky fork.He threw it down on his plate and grabbed the napkin next to it.He glared at me as he wiped the syrup from his face.

I laughed, "You're already in a bad mood and it's not even nine o'clock. I think that's a new record Jim."

"Well maybe if you didn't harass me," he snapped.

I smirked, "I'm not harassing you. I'm showing you brotherly love. It's my job to annoy the shit out of you."

"Language!" scolded a voice from the kitchen.