Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Grace's P.O.V.

"Grace calm down," Bre ordered.

I looked up from my furry blue carpet and set my eyes on my best friend who was stretched across my bed. "I am calm," I said defensively, "I just don't know what to do."

"Don't do anything," she said relaxed.

I rolled my eyes, "I have to do something."

She sat up and looked down at me, "No you don't. It's one month for God's sake. If anything, he should be doing something for you."

"Exactly!" I exclaimed. "If he's doing something for me, then I want to do something for him!"

Bre rolled her eyes, "Just spend the day with him and stay overnight again. He'll enjoy that," she said with a wink.

I crossed my arms and huffed. Bre still couldn't get over that I spent the night over at Blake's house. When I had told her, she basically tackled me for the details. I shook my head at the memory. "I wish he'd just tell me if he was planning anything. I don't want to be the one who plans everything."

Bre's eyes widened, "You don't think he's forgotten about it, do you?"

"No!" I said certainly, "He's not the person to forget things like this."

Bre sighed and rolled over on my bed. She stared out my window for a moment, thinking. "Maybe you should ask him."

I scrunched my noise, "I don't wanna seem like a noisy girlfriend."

"That's not being noisy!" she exclaimed.

I just shrugged, still not satisfied.

She groaned, "You're so stubborn sometimes."

I grinned, "But that's why you love me, right?"

She turned her head towards me and grinned, "Oh, of course."

I crossed my arms, "I'm sensing sarcasm."

She laughed and scooted off my bed next to me. "Let's go window shopping," she suggested.

"Why?"

"So, if you see anything, you can get it for him."

I thought for a moment and became satisfied with the idea, "Okay, lets go."

About fifteen minutes later, we were circling around the town center, observing every store window carefully. A few stores we went inside, like Walmart and The Dollar Tree. I found a few t-shirts and posters he might like, but none of them satisfied me. I felt like he deserved something more special, from the heart.

An hour later, Bre and I emerged from Starbucks. each of us holding medium mocha frappes in our hands. We sat down in the court area of the plaza which was also located right by the movie theater.

I took a long sip from my cold drink, enjoying the refreshing chill that went down my throat.

"Well, we went to every store, and there's nothing," Bre said defeated.

I sighed, "I know, I'm being difficult," I said apologetically. "If I'm going to get him something, I just want it to be perfect, ya know?"

Bre smiled, "You're cute."

I arched an eyebrow, "How?"

She shrugged, "I haven't seen you this happy or excited about a guy in awhile. It's just cute," she said truthfully.

I let out a small laugh, "Well, Jake didn't exactly make my day towards the end of our relationship."

"Ha, no kidding," she said in agreement.