Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Grace's P.O.V-

I jumped again as another loud crack thunder rippled through the night sky.

I heard laughter from behind me. I turned around and met Adam's amused emerald green eyes. They weren't the same as Blake's, I thought. They were lighter, less in tune with things. They were still overly caring and protective, but they were lacking the overall warmness I found in Blake's. Adam's eyes were colder somehow.

He grinned at me, "At the rate you're going, your going to give yourself a heart attack."

I laughed wearily, "I just really hate the thunder." It wasn't a total lie. I figured saying 'Oh I had a dream about my ex warning me about how it was going to rain in a really creepy voice,' was stretching things a bit too far.

Adam just laughed again, "Eh, don't worry. It'll pass soon enough," he assured me.

I hope, I thought to myself.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that," said Blake.

I turned around and watched him walk down the basement stairs. As he got closer to us, a blush spread over my cheeks, and I averted my eyes from his.

"What do you mean?" Adam asked.

Blake sighed and plopped down next to me on the couch. "Apparently this is a tropical storm."

"Are you serious?"

Blake nodded at his brother. "They're advising everyone to stay indoors and everything."

My heart pounded in my chest. It's going to rain, Grace. I swallowed down the nausea I felt in my throat and tried to ignore my stomach as it twisted uncomfortably inside of me.

Adam grinned sheepishly at me, "Guess your gonna have to deal with it for a bit longer."

Blake turned towards me, "What happened?"

"Our little baby here is afraid of the thunder," Adam said in a baby voice.

I rolled my eyes at him, "What person likes loud cracks of noise in the sky?"

They both laughed and I felt Blake's arms wrap around me, "Well don't worry I'll protect you," he said as he kissed my cheek. Then he paused and turned to Adam, "And she's my baby, not yours."

Adam narrowed his eyes, "What, just because your her boyfriend gives you the automatic right to call her your baby?"

Blake smirked, "Pretty much."

Adam crossed his arms, "But she's my baby too."

"No she's only mine," Blake replied, his tone getting annoyed.

Adam took a dramatic moment to think, "So we can't share her?"

"Hell no!"

Adam rolled his eyes, "Not like that, I mean the title of calling her "baby."

Blake shook his head, "Nope that's only for me to say."

Adam pouted, "You can't share?"

"Nope."

Adam sighed, "But I like sharing!"

"Well I don't," Blake said irritated.

I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at the pointless argument. I knew Adam was just messing with Blake, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him. The way he got all jealous over me was too cute.