LXXXIV

"Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep the faith. It will be all worth it in the end"

These days I am keeping faith. I have been applying for new work wala pa din tumatawag, there are moments that I temporarily lose faith pero sabi ko sa sarili ko, I have to let my faith be bigger than my fears. 

84 chapters later, I am still overwhelmed by your support and love for this wanna-be writer. Iba kayo, thank you for making me feel loved. Keep the comments coming! Thank you.

------------------------------------------

Richard cups Dei's face and she touches his leg, they look at each other's eyes and smile. They start kissing each other's lips, his tongue seeking entry to her mouth which she gladly receives. Their tongues moving in each other's mouths, moving slowly, exploring each other's. 

Their hands exploring each other's bodies. One of his hands on the small of her back and the other inside her shirt slowly touching the outlines of her brassiere. Her hands, one on the back of his neck and the other on his chest. 

His lips go down to her ears then her neck. He licks and sucks them. He removes his shirt revealing his well-sculpted torso. Her hands roam around his back, exploring. They kiss again, it was hot and heavy. She moves her lips and nibbles his ears and sucks it, which brings him pleasure. 

He realises that they are naked except their underwear. He removes her brassiere, he pulls her to his lap and he looks at her wanting to nibble and take her.

Richard's eyes opens. Richard, malala na ito. Pati sa panaginip mo. You need a cold cold shower. Parang hindi gagana ang cold shower soon, magkaka-pulmonia ka na nito. You have to do something. He tells himself and runs to the bathroom to take that shower.

***

"Bakit ang tagal mo sa banyo?" Dei asks

"Ha?"

"Mag-iisang oras na ako dito. I was waiting for you."

"Bakit mo ako hinihintay?"

Dei walks to him and wraps her arms around his neck. "RJ, Love. Carry?"

Richard carries her but tells himself, Richard, naku, naku. Baka hindi ka na makapagpigil

Dei gives him a searing kiss. "RJ, down na please"

"Why are you just wearing a robe? Hindi pa ba tayo aalis?"

"Opa said na Oma is feeling better na. Her operation is in two days pa naman, so she's relaxing in the hospital. We can go a little bit later, Opa says."

"Okay, I'll need to catch up on my emails anyway." Richard replies

"RJ, Love. I was thinking we can go take a dip at the pool downstairs."

"Ha?"

Dei removes her robe revealing her in a skimpy bikini. "Ready na ako. Grab your stuff. I'll wait for you sa pool." She picks up her robe, winks at him and walks out the door.

Richard runs to the bathroom again.

***

"RJ, bakit ang tagal mo kanina? I did several laps na sa pool. I was already getting bored, aalis na sana ako e."

"Ahh.. Dei, kasi, kasi. Ay, I remember now, I had to reply to some emails. Urgent daw kasi."

Dei nods.

They could hear laughter from outside of Ann's room. They look at each other, wondering who the people in the room could be? They open the door.

"Sam! Je!" Dei runs to the two men and gives them a hug. "Why are you guys here?"

"We were visiting friends in London before we fly to Norway for the Oslo Marathon and we heard about Oma here, so here we are, visiting her." Sam said

"Thank you, guys." Dei gives them a hug again.

Richard and the two men exchange pleasantries, too.

"Oma, how are you feeling today?" Dei asks her grandmother.

"I'm doing very well, Sweetheart and with Samuel and Jerald here entertaining us, I'm very amused." Ann tells her 

"Sam, RJ, one, two, three.. " Jerald says

"Je, what are we doing?" Richard asks

"We're going to dance. Oma says she needs to be entertained." Jerald replies seriously.

They applause and burst into laughter.

***

"Je, Sam! Buti na lang andito kayo. You've made Oma really happy. Sabi niya kanina tama na daw, sumasakit na yung tiyan niya kakatawa!" Dei said

"Wala yun. Sana napasaya namin siya." Jerald said

"Dei, saan tayo pupunta? Kain muna tayo, gutom na ako." Sam said

"Uuwi muna tayo. Let's wash up then go for food?" Dei said

"Sounds like a good plan." Sam said

***

"Dei, mukhang may isang bata dito hindi na nagsasalita. Hindi mo ata pinapansin" Jerald comments

Dei walks to Richard. "Huwag ka na magtampo, baby boy. Love naman kita." and hugs him.

Sam and Jerald coughs. 

"Sam, Love daw." Jerald says, throws Sam a soft elbow.

"Jerald, sinabi ko naman saiyo mag-alcohol tayo. Bakit nadala natin yung mga hantik dito. Ang sweet. Aray Aray!" Sam said

"Sam, Jerald, love ko din naman kayo. Thank you for visiting Oma and us." Dei says 

***

"Opa, Oma is strong she will make it." Dei said as she holds the older man's hand in hers.

"I know, Sweetheart. It's just that I'm a worrywart when it comes to her. I can't bear to see her in pain" Ralph answered

"I know Opa."

"You know, Sweetheart?"

"Yes, Opa. She told me the story that you were confined when she gave birth to my mother."

"That was embarrassing, Sweetheart"

She hugs her grandfather and says, "I love you, Opa. Fainting or no fainting."

The old man laughed. "Where is RJ, Sweetheart?"

"I thought to let him sleep in. He doesn't tell me but when he goes home, he still works and responds to emails, I admire that about him, Opa. He doesn't need to as his manager has given him a reprieve but he knows that he works in a team and they rely on each other."

"If you are going to marry someone someday, find someone like Richard. RJ not perfect but is a good man, Sweetheart."

"Opa!"

"Dei, Sweetheart. I like RJ not because he and his family are wealthy but the fact he doesn't need to work, he still does. He was raised well, Sweetheart. He is a good person and he looks after you."

"Opa, I'm too young to get married."

"Sweetheart, but you will one day. Find yourself a good man, someone who will take care of you and not take advantage. Find someone who makes you happy, Sweetheart. The thing about having money is that sometimes it's hard to determine people who are there because you have money or who are there because they genuinely care for you."

Her grandfather hugs Dei and kisses her on her forehead.