XLIII

Grabe kayo.  #3? Paano nangyari? I'm shookt and overwhelmed at the same time. 😭 THANK YOU! 💕

As a young kid I found solace in books, John Grisham was my favorite, my uncles would buy and read them first and when they were done, they'd send it to me in the province. (Yay for free books!) I was nine when I realised maybe I wanted to write a story, I had an old notebook and was slowly scribbling characters, then life happened. I never got to write a story until now - so thank you for indulging me. 

Life sometimes doesn't work out the way you plan it to be. Sometimes, it hits you fast and hard. At times, it can be daunting. Sharing with you one of my favourite quotes I like to read during trying times, "They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds"

This chapter was written just this morning because I got inspired by the events last night and I just had to do it!

---------------------------------------------------------- 

"Are you doing anything later?" Dei asked Richard how was half sprawled on the bed, his legs over her lower body.

"Hmmm..? Any free time I have I plan to spend next to you, snuggling, cuddling and just wrapping my arms around you." He said as he wrap his arms around her.

"Do you just want to follow me around like a love sick puppy?" She asked while touching his face  tenderly.

"Yup! That's the plaaaaan"

She laughs, "I have school today." She then touches his lips with her thumb and gives him a quick kiss.

"Seriously, Love, what are your plans?"

"Wait by the door for you like a love sick puppy."

"Silly, Silly boy." She gives him a quick kiss again. "You know I would cut classes because the idea of you and I snuggling in bed is very very tempting."

"I don't want to be an adult today, if you need me I'll be here coloring and watching cartoons in bed."

Dei pinched his cheeks, "Oh my baby boy, just wants to stay in bed with me"

He nods and pouts like a five year-old kid.

**beep** **beep** Dei stands, checks her phone and smiles.

"The guys sent me a reminder for the weekly after class drinks at the pub later. Come with me?"

Richard stands up from the bed and pretends to think.

"Please?" Dei makes a prayer gesture.

"Sure, baby girl. Your wish is my command. What's the pub like? Dress code? What time? What's the name of the pub and where's the pub?"

"Dress code, casual, jeans and button down shirts are good, around 4 to 8pm Happy Hour and it's just a few blocks from here, it's called Lord O'Neill Pub."

"Alright. I'll be there!"

"Really?" Dei was so happy she ran to Richard and jumps at him. Richard was now carrying her. She was now giving him butterfly kisses on his face.

"Ang baby girl ko ang saya saya."

"You get to hang out with my school friends. It's going to be fun!"

***

Richard walks into the pub, half past 4pm. The pub has a darts board, the ceiling is a collage of different scarfs, a tribute to different football teams and the walls covered in posters of different athletes.

He begins scanning for Dei in the crowd, it wasn't jam-packed but there were a lot of people. He sees her talking to tall Middle Eastern guy and they seem to be in a group. He walks to her and she sees him, she waves at him.