II

Richard Edward James Faulkerson, also known as RJ or sometimes fondly called Ricardo by his mother, is the youngest son of business tycoon, Ricardo Emmanuel Faulkerson and Former Queen of Movies, Rose Jacqueline Reyes. They have two other children, Robert Eli John or Rob, who is now the COO of the Faulkerson Group and Rachel Emilia Jasmine, also known as Lia, who now runs their finance division. 

It is said that the Faulkerson Group of Companies, started when Lorenzo Faulkerson started peddling corn and root crops during the war. The Old Man, Lorenzo just had the business acumen for running a business. He was able to grow it and pass it to his only son, Manuel who grew it by leaps and bounds then passed it to his only son, Ricardo Emmanuel, who made it a multinational company. The Faulkerson Group of Companies is now involved in Manufacturing and Agriculture. They are one of the biggest producers of agricultural products in the country and in Asia. 

"Buti nakarating ka."

"Sabi ni Merting, galit na galit ka daw e. So I went here directly." 

"Actually.."

"Kanina ka pa dyan. What's bothering you?", Ricardo asks his wife

"I'm worried about our RJ"

"Hay, is this your obsession again with RJ marrying Dei Mendoza?"

"I love Dei. She's perfect for RJ. I know RJ likes her!"

"And shhh.. she's here in the other room, with RJ", she whispered to her husband.

"Honey, they've known each other since they were in diapers. Maybe you're just misinterpreting things"

"No, no, I can't be mistaken. RJ's eyes lights up and he's happier when Dei's around!"

"Maybe he's just happy to see his friend? Dei's been out of the country for 5 years."

"You aren't like this with Rob and Lia, Honey. Maybe you're obsessing too much with Dei and RJ? "

Rose frowned. He knew what's going to happen next - before that happens,

"Honey, I like Dei for RJ. Dei's a wonderful kid. She's beautiful, educated and has a huge heart. She's also very elegant. I have heard that a lot of bachelors have been pursuing her. Imagine our grandkids from RJ and Dei, with RJ getting his looks from me, (he chuckles) they'd be gorgeous kids. But RJ isn't pursuing Dei, and I haven't seen any interest from him other than friendship and I just don't want to get your expectations up"

"First, Honey, my dearest Ricardo, I love you, you know that right? But RJ and look our children got their looks from me. And 2nd, I will have those gorgeous grandchildren from RJ and Dei. It won't be far fetched. Not if I can help it! I will ensure I get those grandkids, and You, you (pointing to her husband) better get those balenciaga bags that I've been eyeing on!"

Ricardo laughs heartily. Rose scoots next to him. He engulfs her in an embrace. 3 kids and 30 years later, it's always been the kind of life that he's dreamed of. And Rose, his kids tell him that he spoils her. But of course, he answers, She is your mother, the mother of dragons. 

They've always been a happy family, Rose made sure of that. She'd work with his assistant to ensure that they would be present during the events of their children, and supported them. They have never missed any event or school activity, not even when Rose was very pregnant with RJ and they had to see little Lia in a school play.  

She is not a fan of grand birthday celebrations like their contemporaries in the society. Instead, when the kids grew older, she'd asked them to pick a country that they'll visit. This got the kids excited. Rose said that it was a way to keep the kids grounded, that there's a world out there to explore, to learn different cultures and meet people. Every year, they would travel visiting the countries the kids picked.

And she was right, he would always get a call from old friends praising how well-mannered his kids are and very grounded. Sometimes, he'd banter with them that his kids take after him. The truth is, it's because of his wife.

Rose always succeeded in whatever endeavour she puts her mind on. He's not sure with this one, playing cupid but if there's one thing he knows, if destiny has another plan, surely it should be careful, it has a formidable foe in Rose. 

Oh, he tells himself, note to self: Get those balenciaga bags.