XXVIII

The maintenance people were busy, they were arranging chairs and the table, the engineering team ensuring that the microphones and video conference was working. Tom ensured that there was coffee, tea, drinks and bottled water, there was also food on the table.

People started trickling in. A sign on the door was posted, "DO NOT DISTURB"

Overheard:

"May conference daw dyan. Bigatin daw. Pinacancel nga lahat ng ibang meeting today sa floor na to. Off limits daw buong floor."

"Sino bang andyan?"

"Sina Sir Ricardo daw at yung magandang asawa niya, si Ma'am Rose"

"Yung mga anak?"

"Yung dalawa, sina Sir Rob at Ma'am Lia daw nag-extend sa Europe. Nagrequest daw yung magulang ni Ma'am Rose na magbakasyon daw yung 2 bata."

"Si Sir RJ pupunta daw ba?"

"Ah, hindi ko alam. Balita ko pauwi pa lang galing Shanghai. Pero nakita ko si Tom, yung assistant niya so baka may chance"

***

"I called this meeting so that we can look at what happened and re-evaluate where we went wrong and what led to the present events. I am not blaming anyone. It is what it is.

 The question that I have is, may tama ba yung ginawa natin? May dapat ba tayong ginawa? Ano ba an dapat nating ginawa? Did we take the right call? Sakto ba sa mga plano natin?"

"Pero Ma'am they were very close during the Gala. They were even playing games, I even have a photo"

 They were even playing games, I even have a photo"

photo taken from Platinum Karaoke Page

"Hay, Tom, I know I don't understand, too."

"Auntie, if that happened, I don't understand why Dei would be on the next flight to London the next day when school does not start two weeks after the Gala" Coleen spoke via video call.

It was a jam-packed room. Ricardo sat next to Rose, Tuns, Jerald, Rodjun, Mark, Sam, Manang Merting, Mandy, Johnny were there, too so were Mang Jose (Dei's driver), Tom, Yaya Virgie and Yaya Pinky, Nicole and Nicolette were on video conference. 

"Si RJ din Auntie, nag-attend din ng conference sa Japan a few days after. Tapos may girlaloo pa na parati mga pictures. Victoria posting photos of RJ and Michel-Jan has a lot of posts with Dei in it", Sam added

"Coleen, do you know what's the relationship of this Michel-Jan with Dei?", the Faulkerson matriarch asked

"Auntie, all I know is that Dei first met Michel-Jan when she transferred to Switzerland for school. Now he also attends Cambridge with Dei."

"Is he Dei's boyfriend?"

"That we are not sure, Auntie. Dei has never opened up or talked to us about that. Opa and Oma, says that they are very close and they have done trips together. He's the first guy that they've met after Christian. They're always together, Auntie and it's a safe assumption that they could very well be in a relationship", Nicolette answered.

Rose sighed. Things aren't looking very well.

"Tuns, Jerald, Sam, Mark and Rodjun, has anyone of you met this Victoria? Is RJ dating her?"

"Auntie, we think they are dating. RJ would never spend so much time with a woman, unless he was dating her." Jerald said.

"It's true. I would agree. Since I've known RJ, he only spends time with people he really likes." Tuns added

"And we could never get RJ to talk about the women he dates, you raised him to be a gentleman, Auntie." Mark replied

It was clear that Rose Faulkerson was getting disappointed by the minute.

"I do not want to give up, but it seems that fate has other plans. We all want Dei and RJ together, they would be perfect. Looks like I won't get that grandchildren from Dei and RJ. Thank you all for coming and Thank you for helping me. This meeting is adjourned."

"Honey, let's go. I am not feeling very well.", Rose tells her husband and they walk straight out of the room.

***

Michel Jan Van Acker, a green-eyed Frenchman, posted a photo of him and Dei, a few days after, where Dei was smiling and holding a pen and scribbling, with a caption, "Spending the day at the park with this one, Ma Cherie"

A week after, Victoria Van Jansen,posted a photo with Richard. "Spent a great weekend with the gorgeous Richard"