Chapter Fifty Three - Christmas Miracles, Part Two

Start from the beginning

She brightened and nodded, though she gave a longing look towards the center of the island. "What about you?"

"You go ahead, I'll be there in a bit," I said.

She nodded happily and flew off towards the tree in the center, and (darting through the trees and shadows,) I secretly chased after her.

There was a moment when she stopped flying, and I peeked out behind a tree to survey the scene.

"Mavis…I can tell you're there," a soft spoken voice said.

"Zeref…I'm going to go spend the evening with my guild. It's Christmas Eve. But I'll be back tomorrow morning, to celebrate with you!"

"Christmas…I haven't celebrated Christmas in nearly four hundred years…"

Zeref smiled softly at Mavis. "Have a fun evening, Mavis."

"Merry Christmas, Zeref," she said sadly, before buzzing away.

I came out from behind the tree. "Hey Zeref!" I chirped.

He straightened. "Elle?"

I smiled at him. "Hey, Merry Christmas!"

He smiled softly, eyes tearing up.

I sighed.

"It's good to see you," he said. "You've grown…"

"Yes, Zeref, that tends to happen over time," I teased, before plopping down on the ground a few feet away from him.

"Tell me something…" I said. "Your curse doesn't work if you're unconscious, right?"

He nodded. "Generally, it does not, though if magic was cast at me it would have a bad reaction."

I nodded, before continuing. "And if…you got a chance to join Fairy Tail…where would you like your guild mark? And in what color?"

"I don't know," he mused. "I suppose I would do whatever Natsu would get. Why?"

With that answer, I whipped out a coconut and threw it at his head. It met with a solid 'thunk' and Zeref toppled over, unconscious.

After waiting a few seconds to see if he'd stir, I walked over to him and moved up his right sleeve, requipping out Fairy Tail's stamp.

Pressing it down against the top of his right arm, it worked its magic and I pulled it off.

Instead of the red I was going for, it was black…even though I set it perfectly.

Maybe it has something to do with his magic…

I shook off my thoughts and requipped out the giant lacrima I had previously put Ame in. Picking up Zeref's body, I put it in the lacrima and quickly sealed it up.

I checked one more time to make sure it was perfect, and picked it up, before vanishing.

Tenrou Island was devoid of human life once more.

*****

I left Zeref's body at Mavis's grave.