Chapter Forty One: Boo

Not Edited

Author's Note: As promised, here's the final chapter. You know what to do. I apologise for it being late. I had the weakest weekend ever. I got a serious cold on Thursday, and I was thereby, making promises on how I'd upload. The flu was like "nah fam; you're going to pay attention to your body that you've been neglecting". But yeah, I'm alive. I don't have a voice, but I'm alive.

Today's chapter I dedicate to one of my readers. It's her birthday today, so happy birthday ThembiSizani. You are the bomb_dot_com. I hope the day was awesome. 😘❤🎂

Enough of that. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Forty One: Boo

Thando's Point of View

Lindo and I were dancing on the dance floor at Lorraine and Bryan's wedding reception. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. Bryan finally got over the shock of Lorraine being pregnant, so he showed up at the rehearsal dinner, and the relief on Lorraine's face was evident. I was glad he didn't chicken out; that would have been devastating.

We had about an hour left before we needed to go to the House Music Comes Alive gig in the CBD, and I was nervous. It was my first performance since after I had given birth. Yes, I had rehearsed thoroughly, but the nerves never left me.

An hour later, Lindo and I went to the house to change for the gig, and then we drove to the CBD. Lwethu was going to be babysat by our parents at the house my dad bought, which meant Lindo and I had the place to ourselves. Sweet delight.

When we arrived at the venue, it was packed already. Cookham 32 was performing just after midnight and we had the time to just mingle a little. Thaby had arrived with another friend of hers, Zinzile, so while we waited for the time of the performance, we chilled together. As per usual, the band was set aside a place, which as per usual, I refused to sit at.

We ordered drinks, and got to chilling at one of the tables. At some point, we got hungry and we bought food. When midnight hit, Cookham 32 was called onto the stage, and we went closer to the stage area. They performed their songs, and I danced to the song that I had rehearsed on. Although they didn't have proper mics, it was a good performance overall.

After the performance, we chilled together with the band, and it was great. About two hours later, Lindo and I drove Thaby and Zinzi back to The Yard where they stayed. Once we went back to the house, we watched a movie, but fell asleep in the middle of it.

***

Lindo's Point of View

For the last couple of months Cookham 32 was doing so well. In November after House Music Comes Alive, we had another gig at the Fourth Annual Beach Party at Themba's Carwash. We began 2015 with a bang when in February, we performed at The After Dub Experience. In March, the night before Lwethu's first birthday, we were going to perform at the Ultimate Room Service with Cuebur.

Perfect, S'bu, Thuso, Monde, Lwethu and I were currently waiting for Thando. She was secretly auditioning for a dance job that (according to Lorraine), would catapult Thando's dance career into greater heights. I didn't know all the details, but what we did know is that by the time she left the building, she would know if she made it or not. Because I knew my queen, I knew that there wasn't anyway that she wouldn't get it.

"Lorraine, did she tell you why she didn't want to tell me about this?" I asked her. Her baby bump was already showing and she had a magnificent glow. She smiled radiantly.