Chapter Thirty: We're Family

Not Edited

Author's Note: I spent most of yesterday resting my eyes and brain and stuff. My brain hardly rested though. I'm constantly under a flow of words, and sometimes melodies with lyrics, and they become a jumbled mess. But a friend of mine helped calm the storm and now I can write.

Let's get to it. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Thirty: We're Family

I took Lindo's hand and led him into my room. I helped him sit down on my bed. He looked dead on the inside. I hurriedly shut the door and locked it. I went over to Lindo and helped him get his back propped up against my headboard. Afterwards, I took my purple throw, sat on his lap straddling him and covered the both of us with the throw.

I put my arms around his neck and pulled him close, his face resting on my bust area. He sighed a deep sigh, and then teardrops started to cover my shirt. I held onto him for dear life. This was an important moment. Him being willing to show his vulnerability and pain just showed me how much trust he put in me. My heart swelled with undeniable love for this man.

He looked up from my chest, and into my eyes. I put my hands on his cheeks, drying the tears. I laid a gentle kiss onto his lips and he smiled a portion of a fraction.

"I went to visit your attackers in prison", he began, his voice sounding detached. I nodded.

"I know", I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"I always forget that we're connected on a deeper level. I bet you know why I did it", he said. I nodded again.

"Yes, but I'd love to hear you say it yourself. I'm going to listen to everything you say to me without interrupting you", I said. He sighed and nodded.

"I went to see them because I've been really angry at myself about what happened to you, much like how Lorraine feels, but ten times worse. I've been angry at Dikeledi and Fikile. So I went to see them so I could find out if they were sorry about what they did to you", he told me.

"For the life of me, Ndo, I was hoping that they were remorseful so they could offer me the opportunity to forgive them and I could finally let go of the anger. I was hoping to reach into their humanity... And I didn't find it, Thando", he said. His voice shook.

"When I saw you lying on the floor, blood leaving your body, I was so, so terrified. And then again, when you started going limp in my arms, I was sure you're dying. I kept thinking "we're so young; we can't be separated now, we still have a long life to live together", he said. "And if they were sorry, maybe, just maybe my temper would subside. But they're not, Thando. I almost lost my best friend and wife and our baby to those inhumane animals", he said, his voice trembling.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry you had to see that and experience that. But I'm here, see? I'm not dead, and our baby is healthy; we've checked. Nothing will separate us now. That was our hell-and-back. We can only go stronger from here. We're a family", I told him. I took his hands and placed them on my belly. "Me, you and Thandolwethu; the three of us, we're a family", I emphasized. He smiled widely.

"Yeah... We're a family... You're my family", he said quietly.

"Yeah... So shall we eat junk and get rid of that chapter of our lives?" I asked, and he kissed me. He rolled on top of me, and kissed me hard. I giggled and kissed him back.

"You know, you're the best, baby. I cannot imagine my life without you", he said after pulling away. I shook my head vehemently.

"No... No. It's the first I hear of this", I joked. He trailed kisses down my neck.