Chapter Five: So He Sings?

Author's Note: As promised, here's the next upload, fifth chapter where the amazing band is introduced. Shout out to Lindokuhle Thabede, Perfect Mabaso, Monde Ndlovu, Langa Ndlovu, Sibusiso Khoza and Thuso Morabe. I love you guys. ❤

Enough ranting. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Five: So He Sings?

It had been five months since I moved to Johannesburg. I was doing pretty well at school and the dance club too. We were scheduled to go on the dance tour in September, which was two months from now. I was excited. We were going to Paris, Sydney and the USA. My parents were super proud of me.

Lindo and I were still acting like we were dating, but it never really came to that. He was also busy with his school stuff, so we didn’t see each other every day. He had slept over at my house last night and he was currently still sleeping. I got up, took a shower and made breakfast. He woke up and came into the kitchen while I was still cooking. He stood behind me and held my waist. He kissed my neck and turned me around.

“Good morning, beautiful”, he whispered. I smiled.

“Morning handsome; how’re you doing?” I replied.

“I’m great and you?” he asked.

“I’m lovely”, I said and kissed him. This is what happened every time he came to sleep over. I would wake up, take a shower and while I’m making breakfast, he would wake up and then we would make out in the kitchen. I wasn’t complaining though.

I had made pancakes and coffee and dished up for Lindo and me. I loved having him around and just so you know.

“I could get used to this”, he said and I laughed.

“Who are you kidding? You’re already used to this”, I said as I grabbed the plates. “Please bring the coffee”, I said and walked to the couch. I placed the plates on the table and sat down. Lindo brought the coffee and sat down next to me. We then ate our breakfast.

“That was… delicious. You’re a great cook”, he said. I giggled and he kissed my cheek. “Let me take a shower”, he said. I nodded. “Afterwards, you can come with me to band practice”. He said as he walked away. What band practice, I thought. After he had his shower, he walked out the bathroom and came to sit next to me on the couch.

“Are you ready to go to band practice with me?” he asked. I frowned.

“What band, Ndo?” I asked.

“I’m in a band”, he said proudly. I frowned at him and then burst out laughing. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. I was expecting him to laugh with me, and when he didn’t, I sobered up. I frowned again.

“What do you know about music, best friend?” I mocked. He laughed and stood up, pulling me with him.

“Let’s just go”, he said impatiently. I looked at my bare feet and he followed my gaze. “Okay. Go wear shoes”, he said. I walked to the room and grabbed socks and my white half-boot converse sneakers. I sat on my bed and put them on. I had on black shorts and a white vest, so I looked proper in my converse. I grabbed my car keys. “We can walk, you know”, he said rolling his at me.

“Don’t roll your eyes at me, mister. Besides, I don’t feel like walking”, I said.

“Fine”, he said as he took my hand and grabbed the house keys. He opened the door for me and after I walked out, he followed me and locked the doors. We walked hand-in-hand to where I had parked my car. I tossed him the keys, and he opened the passenger door for me. I climbed in and he shut the door. He then walked to the driver’s side.