Chapter Nineteen: Romance is in the Air

Author's Note: Hey y'all. Here's the next chapter. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Nineteen: Romance is in the Air

The next morning after our hot date, we showered together and then after we got dressed, we packed our belongings. One of the workers had come to tell us that the breakfast was ready, so we went and ate our breakfast. After the breakfast, Lindo went to grab our bags and put them in the car. He then went to get me another tub of ice-cream for the road. We checked out and off we went back to my house. When we arrived, my dad was already at work and my mom was in her office, working. We went to greet her together.

"Hi mom", I said. She looked up from her paper and saw us. Her eyes lit up and she smiled. She walked over to us and hugged us.

"Hi kids. So, how was the date?" She asked and I giggled and her eyes went wide. "That good, huh? I see you guys worked things out. Thanks Lindo. My Starr is radiating joy again", she said.

"Mom, you are so dramatic", I said as I face-palmed myself.

"Oh shut up. How are you Lindo?" She asked.

"I am good, ma. How are you?" He replied.

"Busy, busy, busy", she replied.

"Oh. So I get a "how was the date" and he gets "how are you"? Mom don't try steal my boyfriend", I joked and they laughed at me. I shook my head. "What are you busy with anyway?" I asked.

"Dresses and suits for a couple of celebrities for the Crown Gospel Awards. I need creativity for this. I have been cooped up in here the whole morning and nothing", she said.

"Well then, let's take you out. You need a break", I said. She began to protest and I shook my head. "I am not taking no for an answer. Your grandchild wants to spend time with you", I joked and she laughed.

When she finally agreed, she, Lindo and I went to the mall to watch a movie. After that, we went to the arcade and played a couple of games. When it was lunch time, we went to one of the restaurants in the mall and had a meal. By the time we were done, I could see that my mom's frustrations were lifted. She was ready to go home and work.

We drove back to the house and she went straight to her office and started working. I set out to the kitchen and got out ingredients to cook supper for the family. I even thought of inviting Lindo's family too, so I called his mom. She answered after three rings.

"Sawubona Noluthando ngane yami", she said as she answered.

"Sawubona ma. Uphilile na?" I asked.

"I am good. Unjani wena?" She said.

"Nami ngikhona. I wanted to invite you and your family over for supper tonight, if you don't have plans", I said.

"We would love that very much. I guess I will be seeing you later then", she said and I could hear the smile in her voice. I smiled too.

"Indeed you will, ma. Bye for now", I said.

"Bye", she said and I disconnected the call. Lindo came behind me and held my waist.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked, as he kissed the back of my neck.

"Your mom. I was inviting them over for supper", I said breathlessly. His lips were so soft and delicate on my skin.

"That's nice. May I have my late lunch?" He asked as he tightened his embrace around my waist. I laughed.

"So now I am food?" I joked as I turned around to face him.