Chapter Two: Lover or Cheat?

Author's Note: This is the second chapter, and hopefully you're not bored yet. You know what to do... Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Two: Lover or Cheat?

I woke up to a knock on my door. I rubbed my eyes and quietly moved Lindo's arm from around my waist. I walked bare foot to my door and opened it. There stood two men who I guessed were there to install my DStv. I let them in and they got to work. Lindo was still sleeping, so I decided to make him breakfast.

I winced when one of the men started drilling a hole in wall. He was so going to wake Lindo. Sure enough, Lindo woke up. I only heard him when he was standing right behind me and put his arms around my waist.

"Ndo", he whispered close to ear, as he laid his chin on my shoulder. I shivered and felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I didn't understand why I felt like this all of a sudden.

"H-hi", I stuttered, breathlessly. He turned me around so that I was facing him. He smiled down at me and I felt mesmerized. He was gorgeous. And that smile...

"How'd you sleep?" he asked. I looked away from his eyes and cleared my throat. I really didn't understand where these strange feelings were coming from.

"I slept okay, and you?" I replied. I still felt his eyes on me and I was all too aware of the fact that he hadn't let go of me. My breathing quickened and my heart was beating frantically so much, I thought he could hear it.

"Best night ever", he said. I looked up at him feeling shocked. He had on his dazzling smile and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I frowned at my ridiculous feelings and then I looked away from him again.

"I made you breakfast", I said, my voice coming out like a whisper. As I tried to pull out of Lindo's embrace, he tightened his grip on me.

"Look at me", he said in his melodically deep voice. The butterflies in my stomach turned into galloping elephants and I couldn't look at him. "Ndo, look at me", he said again, squeezing my waist a bit. I shivered and reluctantly raised my head. I looked at him and thought I saw admiration in his expression, but that couldn't be right, right? He started lowering his head, like he was about to kiss me. I started to panic, internally that is. What was he doing? I was saved by someone clearing their throat. I jumped and stepped away from Lindo, and he groaned in frustration. I frowned. What would he be frustrated about?

"We're almost done. We need some information from you", one of the installation guys said. I cleared my throat and rubbed my neck uncomfortably. I side-stepped Lindo and followed the man to the living area.

"The food's on the stove, Ndo", I called over my shoulder.
After the installation was done, I went to make my bed and then took a shower. While I was in the shower, I thought about the almost-kiss I had with Lindo. I didn't get what was going on, but for my sake, I wished that was just a dream.

After I had showered, I got dressed in denim shorts and a loose white top. I walked back into the room and found a tray of food on the bed. I looked over at Lindo, who was watching some music channel. I cleared my throat and he turned around.

"Thank you", I said. He smiled and turned back to the TV. I sat on my bed and ate quietly. My cell phone rang and I quickly answered without looking at the caller ID. "Hello", I said.
"Hey baby", said my mom over-excitedly. I grinned and walked with the tray of food to the kitchen.

"Hi mom; how are you?" I said, as I placed the tray in the sink.
"I'm good, baby. How are you?" she replied.

"I'm great", I said, as I sat on the counter.