Chapter Twenty One: I'm In Love

Author's Note: Hey y'all... Here's the next chapter. Vote... Share... Comment... Enjoy.

***

Chapter Twenty One: I'm In Love

The next day, Lorraine spoke to my mom about her dress, not without talking to Bryan first. She was so excited about the dress. I guess it made sense why she was so excited. She was getting her dress made by the person she had always wished would make her dress. Bryan was happy that Lorraine's dream was coming true too. It was always amazing to me how Bryan just wanted to make Lorraine happy however it was achieved.

After the meeting with my mom, Lorraine and I went to visit Lindo at his parents' house. He was on the phone with someone when we walked into his room. There was no one else in the house and I wondered where Kuhle was. When Lindo heard us walking into his room, he turned around in his chair and faced us. He was about to cut the call, but I signaled for him not to. He shook his head and I smiled. He was definitely going to cut the call.

"S'pha ndoda, my woman is here. I have to go", he said and then listened. He nodded at what S'pha said and replied "okay man, I'll do that. Bye", and disconnected the call. He stood up from his chair and approached me. He gave me a warm bear-hug.

"You didn't have to end your call", I said, but it came muffled because I was being pressed to my boyfriend's chest. He chuckled and his chest vibrated. I smiled.

"Don't be ridiculous. S'pha can wait", he said as he pulled away.

"Hi", I said looking into his eyes. He smiled and I melted.

"Hi. How are you two doing?" he replied as he bent down to my belly that was starting to show and kissed it.

"We're doing well, we just missed daddy", I said and Lindo's eyes clouded with desire and I frowned. I didn't understand what happening.

"I think you shouldn't call me daddy", he said and I laughed. "Especially when your best friend is in the room", he said as if he had just realized that Lorraine was in the room.

"Why thank you for noticing that I was here the entire time", she said rolling her eyes at us. I laughed.

"Sorry... She distracts me", Lindo said jerking his thumb in my direction as he hugged her. I rolled my eyes. "I can hear you roll your eyes, babe", he continued. My eyes bulged out.

"How'd you-?" I began...

"... Know? Well, I know you", he told me.

From there, we spent the rest of the day chilling together, telling Lorraine stories about our childhood and she loved the story about we met. She even made a comment about us being meant for one another. I laughed. Heck naw!!

Later that evening, we went home and for the life of me, I couldn't understand why I was missing the band Cookham 32. I need to go back to Johannesburg. I needed to be in my apartment, alone with the father of my unborn child, and my friends Perfect, Thuso, Monde, Sibz, Langa and Calvin.

***

Lindo's Point of View

Just before the ultrasound

I woke up that morning very excited. We were going to our first ultrasound. "Our first ultrasound", I never thought I'd say those words, not at this age anyway. I know that I had been freaking out about impregnating my best friend, but I have no regrets. I'm terrified yes, but she's my best friend... We'll make it work.

I got ready, and went down for breakfast, but Thando called me to tell me that Lorraine was already warming up the car and they were coming to get Kuhle and I. Lorraine drive us to the hospital. We were early, so we went to get breakfast at the cafeteria. Once it was Thando's turn, all four of us went into the exam room.